Game Day Thread - Texas Southern | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Game Day Thread - Texas Southern

From a schematic standpoint, the second half of this game was far and away the best zone offense I've ever seen from a Boeheim team. Dolezaj literally made the correct read every time he touched the ball. That was point forward level stuff. Beautiful to watch.

Battle was awesome
Dolezaj just needs to finish. Great passer from the high post
Sidibe had himself a strong game offensively
Howard played very solid tonight
Thorpe provided a spark in the 1st half without Battle

Only person who struggled was Brissett but he had a lot of 3s rattle out

What is Moyer's type of game...That is a scary question to answer.

Hmm. I’d say against a man to man when our other guys are rolling and he doesn’t need to be involved offensively and can just rebound, defend, and make hustle plays.

Hmm. I’d say against a man to man when our other guys are rolling and he doesn’t need to be involved offensively and can just rebound, defend, and make hustle plays.
But Marek can still do all those things better than him, regardless of the situation.

I know it's only 3 games but Moyer looks out of place out there. If I had to guess, we'll have a 7.5 man rotation come conference play and he's .5

But Marek can still do all those things better than him, regardless of the situation.

I know it's only 3 games but Moyer looks out of place out there. If I had to guess, we'll have a 7.5 man rotation come conference play and he's .5

Oh, I’m not disagreeing with that at all. Marek has shown a lot more so far. I think Moyer will have games where he’s more of a factor than this though.

Lackluster defensive effort tonight - lots of dumb fouls and also several questionable fouls called on our guys.
It appears our zone offense is far ahead of our man offense.
Marek has to finish better around the rim - but overall a strong game from him.
Geno had a nice first half, not so much in the 2nd half - hopefully it's coming around for him because we'll badly need him when it matters.
Oshae was quiet, had a few 3s rattle out, but still showed flashes of being a really good player.
Moyer - ugh, looks like he has zero confidence.
Frank played mostly well again - the Maryland and Kansas games will tell us for sure, though.
Tyus is one of the best players in the country.

What is Moyer's type of game...That is a scary question to answer.
Come on. Moyer is a freshman. Give him some time. I know Marek is too. But not every player is ready to contribute as a freshman right away. Moyer may have to bide his time for a year or two before he gets a more substantial role.

Re: Marek, there were several posters on here saying he was gonna surprise people this year in his ability to make an impact, and lots of other posters doubted them. It’s only 3 games in, so impossible to know where this goes, but the early returns on Marek are very encouraging. It’s taken him a little time to adjust to the speed and physicality of the college game (and that will continue throughout the season), but he’s a baller and is focused on doing all the little things right now. I’m loving what he brings to the table.

Oshae is starting to concern me a little. From what he was touted as in pre-season I haven't seen in the limited sample size we have seen. Also still confused on what Moyer did here last year? You would think he was new and Marek had been with the team a year.

Anyone see sportscenters this morning? Where was Battle on top 10 plays... I'd have to imagine it was a top 5 play

Anyone see sportscenters this morning? Where was Battle on top 10 plays... I'd have to imagine it was a top 5 play
Who actually saw it on the ACC network?

Who actually saw it on the ACC network?

Probably no one. But I've seen plays from unknown high school teams recorded with a freaking flip phone make top 10 plays.

If he doesn't make it it's a shame because that was a MJ level play.

Probably no one. But I've seen plays from unknown high school teams recorded with a freaking flip phone make top 10 plays.

If he doesn't make it it's a shame because that was a MJ level play.
True!!!

Was not top 10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom