Game Feb 15th FSU | Syracusefan.com

Game Feb 15th FSU

It's going to be the lights out game we've been waiting for. Signature win.
This would be as impressive of win as I can remember if we pulled it off.

They’re the biggest team in America
They go 10 deep
They don’t play anyone shorter than 6’4”
They play 5 guys 6’8” and taller (2 7fters)
They’re shooting 41% from 3 in ACC play and 80% from the line
Since 2017, their only losses at home are UVA by 4pts (they were 23-1 at the time), Duke by 2 (on a last second shot by Zion) and Louisville by 4

They go 10 deep
Since 2017, their only losses at home are UVA by 4pts (they were 23-1 at the time), Duke by 2 (on a last second shot by Zion) and Louisville by 4
Yep, grown men for FSU vs our JV, D2 squad. That said, Hamilton not the greatest tactician. Keep it close and anything can happen

Yep, grown men for FSU vs our JV, D2 squad. That said, Hamilton not the greatest tactician. Keep it close and anything can happen
I think Hamilton gets too much grief for his in game coaching he's a pretty darn good coach.

Headmaster 9 and Obie9 are going. They are amazing fans. They live in Syracuse... but they go to so many away games -- usually by driving!

Happy to meet others from the board on game day if interested. Noon game makes it tough, but planned on visiting the campus before the game and having a late lunch/dinner at either Spear It, Harry's, or Kool Beans Cafe. Looking forward to the game and bringing home a big Syracuse win.

Does h
I think Hamilton gets too much grief for his in game coaching he's a pretty darn good coach.
Does he have a signature post season run? A signature win? I think we’re all still waiting for it

They go 10 deep
I agree - it's mostly wishful thinking but sometimes in watching them they look better than they play, and they sometimes try to give games away if you can stay close.

I'm not sure why, but I feel like every FSU team every year has the physical appearance of an NBA team.

Like, their players all look like Xavier McDaniel as opposed to Jesse Edwards.
That’s because they do. Hamilton is very deliberate in his recruiting

They go 10 deep

I believe Cam Reddish hit the game winner (im pretty sure Zion didnt play some, most or all of the game)

I never like our chances at FSU under Hamilton, because we seemingly get bullied all the time. That said, maybe the zone will throw them off. Who knows.

That really isn't all that impressive considering how long he has coached and the teams he has coached.

THIS.

Since the '08-'09 season (including the current one, so 12 seasons), he's won 20+ games in all but 2.
Been ranked in Top 25 in 9 out of those 12 years.

Been a NCAA 3 seed twice, 4 seed 1x, 5 seed 1x, and this year likely another Top-4 protected seed.

And had 10 guys go in the NBA draft during that time period.

So, yeah - he's done less with more for a long time.
But he's clearly a good recruiter, and wins 20+ more often than not.

So - kinda like JB in the '80's. ;)

I never like our chances at FSU under Hamilton, because we seemingly get bullied all the time. That said, maybe the zone will throw them off. Who knows.

We are 4-3 against them since we joined the ACC...Last year was a disaster though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom