GAME MOVED TO SUNDAY | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

GAME MOVED TO SUNDAY

I think they were trying to honor the folks in the military by staging it there on Veterans Day which is Nov 11 but celebrated on Friday

I like the Veterans/Armistice Day connection (and can't deny that it's cool to be featured playing in an unusual venue), but basketball's an indoor game. Play it in a gym on a base like UConn is doing - similar appeal without the gimmickry and logistics headache.

I like the Veterans/Armistice Day connection (and can't deny that it's cool to be featured playing in an unusual venue), but basketball's an indoor game. Play it in a gym on a base like UConn is doing - similar appeal without the gimmickry and logistics headache.
I played a ton of outdoor basketball and was looking forward to seeing how these guys handled 20-30 mph winds like we used to as kids.

I played a ton of outdoor basketball and was looking forward to seeing how these guys handled 20-30 mph winds like we used to as kids.

Better than we did, I trust. With the new gametime, we might also get to see how they handle a bad sun field, too.

Definitely Sunday at 4pm. Will be officially announced tonight.

That's horrible, what if you are flying home on sunday??? Horrible planning not to have a back up site for friday night.

That's horrible, what if you are flying home on sunday??? Horrible planning not to have a back up site for friday night.

Good question. I know some people leaving Thursday morning. Hopefully they can change plans around.

there is a story in todays San Diego Union Tribune about the last time the Syracuse Men's basketball team played in San Diego - which was the 1975 Final Four, and CNY fans ended up taking it in the shorts back then, too.
Just wondering why you feel CNY fans took it in the shorts then. I was at that Final Four and had a great time. It was the end of a magical post season run and I truly felt it was special just to be there - especially in the company of coaching legends John Wooden, Denny Crum and Joe B Hall.

They did have a backup site for Friday - the former San Diego Sports Arena

Just wondering why you feel CNY fans took it in the shorts then. .
because the article says that they got stuck with shjtty seats

because the article says that they got stuck with shjtty seats
Fair enough. I didn't read the article before I posted. Didn't travel on his charter and I really don't recall having poor seats but that was a long time ago and I was probably full of beer at the time.

Fair enough. I didn't read the article before I posted. Didn't travel on his charter and I really don't recall having poor seats but that was a long time ago and I was probably full of beer at the time.

My parents took the charter in 1975 and sat something like eight rows from the UCLA bench, had a really good experience. They did say the Kentucky fans were s, though.

No doubt in my mind that jb lobbied hard for Sunday over the alternative of playing an indoor road game on Friday.

Weather happens. Nothing is concrete when any sporting event is located outside.

No doubt in my mind that jb lobbied hard for Sunday over the alternative of playing an indoor road game on Friday.

As he should I think playing against our zone outdoors is suicide! There were something like 3 jumpers made outside of 18ft in last years game.

My parents took the charter in 1975 and sat something like eight rows from the UCLA bench, had a really good experience. They did say the Kentucky fans were s, though.

Classic case of the more things change the more they stay the same...:)

So what happens to TV coverage now? Can ESPN pick this up or is UK playing some D2 team again at this time?

I have to go to LA because my son with crohn's is sick again. Would llike to take a side trip to San Diego and see the game. Looking for a ticket. Anyone have one with the change of game? I can't afford an arm and a leg tho. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom