Game on mofos! this past Saturday is a distant memory | Syracusefan.com

Game on mofos! this past Saturday is a distant memory

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
It is time to ramp up this place (thanks gbo for the incentive), forget the past and look to the future. The beauty of college football is with college aged athletes they have short memories, and we should too. The past analysis is done we hope it was an aberration and now it's time to get fired up and focus on the biggest event in Syracuse in probably three decades (if not longer, probably 1992).

The interest remains off the charts, the amount of people going and excited about going who I know is unrivaled by anything I've seen since I've moved back in 1991, not deterred by this past Saturday's result. The talent is sufficient, the energy unparalleled and this Clemson team will see something this Saturday that they have never ever seen nor experienced before. Heck we ourselves haven't seen anything like it in at least two full decades.

The environment in that place at it's peak is unrivaled and something you can't prepare for (ask Spurrier and the 1991 gators, ask Osborne in the 1984 Cornhuskers, ask Paterno (down in hell) and the 1987 Nittany Lions, ask, yes, ask friggin dabo and the 2017 tigers when the environment was not half of what they're going to see Saturday).

The learning curve was steep this past week no doubt, but the kids have been coached up and are ready for the challenge. Enough for an upset? On further analysis, YES! Steep climb? You bet your arse, But I'm not betting against this coach and this historic program. It's been done before and can be done again.

It's going to start with a similarly unparalleled FINE MESS tailgate with what will end up being nearly 300 of our closest Cuse fanatic tailgating friends. We too, like the team, are going to need to and will step it up to the next level having never had more than 150-175 tailgaters before. But we will and we're ready with all hands on deck and it's going to be a prelude to a day, a historic day, that will only add to the historic legion that is the Syracuse program, the Syracuse football experience.

Jump on the train mofos, welcome aboard and welcome back all you fans who are back onboard, we're going to see history once more this upcoming weekend. Batten down the hatches gbo and Tiger nation and prepare for, both on and off the field, something you've never seen before, something you cannot prepare for and something you will never forget.

It's going to be epic, it's going to be historic, it's going to be beautiful......Syracuse 31 Clemson 30

Last edited:
The team needs to channel its inner 1984.

1568163285507.png

You’re back!

See ya Saturday
Not sure if it's the dementia or the orange colored glasses, but as I told the Clemson fan it would take until Tuesday to get refocused. It's Tuesday, time for us and the team to bring it! (Chip can I do the pregame talk now!)

Last edited:
It is time to ramp up this place (thanks gbo for the incentive), forget the past and look to the future. The beauty of college football is with college aged athletes they have short memories, and we should too. The past analysis is done we hope it was an aberration and now it's time to get fired up and focus on the biggest event in Syracuse in probably three decades (if not longer, probably 1992).

The interest remains off the charts, the amount of people going and excited about going who I know is unrivaled by anything I've seen since I've moved back in 1991, not deterred by this past Saturday's result. The talent is sufficient, the energy unparalleled and this Clemson team will see something this Saturday that they have never ever seen nor experienced before. Heck we ourselves haven't seen anything like it in at least two full decades.

The environment in that place at it's peak is unrivaled and something you can't prepare for (ask Spurrier and the 1991 gators, ask Osborne in the 1984 Cornhuskers, ask Paterno (in heaven) and the 1987 Nittany Lions, ask, yes, ask friggin dabo and the 2017 tigers when the environment was not half of what they're going to see Saturday).

The learning curve was steep this past week no doubt, but the kids have been coached up and are ready for the challenge. Enough for an upset? On further analysis, YES! Steep climb? You bet your arse, But I'm not betting against this coach and this historic program. It's been done before and can be done again.

It's going to start with a similarly unparalleled FINE MESS tailgate with what will end up being nearly 300 of our closest Cuse fanatic tailgating friends. We too, like the team, are going to need to and will step it up to the next level having never had more than 150-175 tailgaters before. But we will and we're ready with all hands on deck and it's going to be a prelude to a day, a historic day, that will only add to the historic legion that is the Syracuse program, the Syracuse football experience.

Jump on the train mofos, welcome aboard and welcome back all you fans who are back onboard, we're going to see history once more this upcoming weekend. Batten down the hatches gbo and Tiger nation and prepare for, both on and off the field, something you've never seen before, something you cannot prepare for and something you will never forget.

It's going to be epic, it's going to be historic, it's going to be beautiful...Syracuse 31 Clemson 30

Mike, you're gonna get a lot of likes, but not for saying that Paterno's in heaven.

Save the first two sentences of the thread's opening statement as it can be used again next week

The environment in that place at it's peak is unrivaled and something you can't prepare for (ask Spurrier and the 1991 gators, ask Osborne in the 1984 Cornhuskers, ask Paterno (down in hell) and the 1987 Nittany Lions, ask, yes, ask friggin dabo and the 2017 tigers when the environment was not half of what they're going to see Saturday).

It's going to be epic, it's going to be historic, it's going to be beautiful...Syracuse 31 Clemson 30

Thanks, brother! I needed that!

Thanks OP! I needed that. Been a grim couple of days post Twerp-nado.

Hoping we make it a game. Lawrence and Etienne are top 10 NFL picks (among others). How many NFL guys are on our roster? In any event - we've got the Dome and Dino. And hopefully A&M and the travel take some of the steam out of Clemson. LGO!

I’m really looking forward to Saturday, my friend. I had to push my arrival back a day, so hope Amtrak is on their game. I’m taking two trains starting on Friday and need them to be close to on time. I get in at 11:15 am, Lyft to my hotel and the dome to pick up my season tickets, and hopefully to the tailgate with plenty of time to soak in a full dose of camaraderie. When will the tailgate start? LGO!!!

I’m really looking forward to Saturday, my friend. I had to push my arrival back a day, so hope Amtrak is on their game. I’m taking two trains starting on Friday and need them to be close to on time. I get in at 11:15 am, Lyft to my hotel and the dome to pick up my season tickets, and hopefully to the tailgate with plenty of time to soak in a full dose of camaraderie. When will the tailgate start? LGO!!!
Very excited to see you again Don and to catch up, we will be up and running by 3:30 is when the festivities really start through 630 so you should be OK.

Very excited to see you again Don and to catch up, we will be up and running by 3:30 is when the festivities really start through 630 so you should be OK.
I’m going to do everything I can to swing by, been wanting to for years. Will gladly pay to stop by for a bit, slug some beers, then wanders onwards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom