game thoughts plus rest of the year | Syracusefan.com

game thoughts plus rest of the year

kcsu

Living Legend
On the game. Ryan was off and he isnt a passer by nature the deep ball is his worst throw and it showed yesterday big time. Against press coverage i would have liked to see more trips to the wide side with picks and screens as it is one way to allow for shorter passes. Getting behind early was our death as i think we would have tried to force the run and may have had some success over time. On D i think we played ok but Teddy bought so much time with his feet it is hard to really blame the DB's completely. Field position killed us all day combined with some really stupid penalties, huge emotions for LV and a coach who just has our number and we were in for a long day. Going forward i think we beat Uconn by a couple 14 or more. They dont have the talent or speed of LV and they sure as heck dont have the coaching. Cincy is going to be tough since they will be playing for the BCS South florida and Pitt are both games we can win. Bottom line is i think we split go bowling and continue to build from the grobster ashes.

Not that I have scouted them hard, but seems like USF, Cincy, and the new Pitt are the types of teams we have success against. UConn becomes the game of the year. GOTTA TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS. If so, we are bowl eligible and going into a stretch of games where I think we win 2 of 3. All is not lost.

UL needed big plays to score. they got 3-4 and had the field position all day. Our 2-3 decent plays came from deep in our end and led to little but flipping the field.. add to that the 2-3 times we had good position we got penalties. the only time our punter kicked well he kicked into the end zone when his normal 30 yd duck would have been fine. his best kick from deep in our end we got a 15 yd penalty so they still started near our 45..

same thing will be true at Uconn.. if the D makes dumb mistake and allows a few big plays that lead to scores we are in trouble . the other teams are making the same mistakes but we dont make them pay except for the WV game.. we could easily have been leading at the half yesterday taken the 2nd half kickoff and scored and made UL play a style thay cant, but we let them dictate with the lead.

a win next week and we can get a crowd for the USf game.. a loss and it might be very quiet on a friday..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom