Gameday forecast

cuseguy

Living Legend
85 degrees.

Sunny, hot and humid.

Be thankful.

Sunday calls for 91 degrees and humid.

Let's hope Sunday's forecast doesn't become Saturday's forecast.:mad:

hotter the better they have less players, Our depth we beat them.

hotter the better they have less players, Our depth we beat them.

There is a slim chance that 40 (off + def) different players see the field, let alone 66. Depth is a non factor the 1st game of the season

There is a slim chance that 40 (off + def) different players see the field, let alone 66. Depth is a non factor the 1st game of the season

Except they have not been full contact all camp because of reduced numbers.

And we hit hard.

BOOOM SHAKALAKA BOOM

So here is the prediction for next Saturday:

I keep seeing this and yet 4 years ago we saw what a 60 player team looked like and it wasn't pretty even with a handful of star players sprinkled in. This years psu team looks a lot like our 2009 team in that, even though we had art dc3 mw hogue and smith, having a new qb and other glaring holes were too much to overcome.

I keep seeing this and yet 4 years ago we saw what a 60 player team looked like and it wasn't pretty even with a handful of star players sprinkled in. This years psu team looks a lot like our 2009 team in that, even though we had art dc3 mw hogue and smith, having a new qb and other glaring holes were too much to overcome.

That 2009 team wasn't about numbers, it was about talent. It was the heir to a 10-37 prior four years. SU's 2008 team was 3-9, and throughly drilled in most of it's losses. The wins were Northeastern, a horrible Louisville team, and a where did that come from miracle, got a bad coach fired, 1pt win at ND. That 2008 team was ranked 100 or lower in almost every offensive and defensive category. Might have been the worst team in D-1 that year.

In 2011 the team started 5-2 (should have been 6-1) and THEN the wheels fell off because of injuries and depth issues.

PSU was 8-4 last year and should have been 10-2, started the year with two losses out of the gate to teams that they should have beaten handily. They were solid on offense and very good on defense.

There is no comparison to 2009. Again depth is probably going to be an issue for them, but that will be as season wears on and they get to the second half of the year.

85???? Guess I better bring an extra 30 with me... Gotta stay hydrated...

In hot humid conditions depth is always a factor.

In hot humid conditions depth is always a factor.

how many people do you think are going to get on the field? As GO explained we didn't have a depth issue, we had a talent issue. 1-66 they are very talented. Sure some of the guys 50-66 may be Freshman, but you rarely see 50 different players get game action. I just can't see how this will be an issue from day 1

Except their 66 this year, are better players on average, than our 66 players in 2009.

Except their 66 this year, are better players on average, than our 66 players in 2009.

I'd agree to that. The top talent is probably comperable to those 5 I listed but the bottom is a lot higher. They have one thing we didn't in 2009 in a veteran oline but the new qb and 1 stud wr combo are similar. Allen Robinson might be as good as Mike Williams but we'll know more in a weeks time. Robinson was nursing a hammy though and I think Lyn has the size and physicality to play him tough. They're still good, they're just not great. We have to force their qb to beat us the same as they do with us.

I'd agree to that. The top talent is probably comperable to those 5 I listed but the bottom is a lot higher. They have one thing we didn't in 2009 in a veteran oline but the new qb and 1 stud wr combo are similar. Allen Robinson might be as good as Mike Williams but we'll know more in a weeks time. Robinson was nursing a hammy though and I think Lyn has the size and physicality to play him tough. They're still good, they're just not great. We have to force their qb to beat us the same as they do with us.

without a doubt. i still believe we win, but its because were better, not that their lack of depth effects them

Is this actually the forecast for saturday? Im going to sweat my ass off. ick

As of now its saying 82 degrees, mostly sunny, 6 mph winds, 66% humidity, 10% of precipitation.