Gameday just provided good bulletin board material for tourney | Syracusefan.com

Gameday just provided good bulletin board material for tourney

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
And good motivation. Hope someone shows them that clip that just ran with all the reasons they'll flame out pre FF. Wasn't a hatchet job and some might say it was a factual recitation but it was awesomely negative from a coaches perspective as to all the reasons Syracuse won't make it to New Orleans.

Some don't like the phrase, but too bad......Final Four or bust. Get it done coaches, get it done team! Use these negative knobs of negativism to help get there.

Dont rebound or shoot well enough basically. Can get beat especially if our bracket is stacked like last year.

I missed it! What was said exactly?
Yep as stated elsewhere on specifics just total glass half empty, I'm thinking maybe people here are right re bias thinking that hey 28-1 is pretty good, how bout some positives. I dont watch enough of these show to know for sure if they treat other teams this way (and maybe they take the glass half full approach full of superlatives elsewhere), but listening to that I think there maybe something to the bias thing. Just so negative.

I, as usual on this board, defer to the hardcores. But I do know if I was a coach up there I'd actually be happy. With teams who accomplish this much it can sometimes be hard to find sources of motivation. Add the routine ones to this (rebounding, half court etc) and I'd say the coaches have what they need.

A few years ago the SD Chargers were number 1 in total offense and number 1 in total defense...they didn't make the playoffs.

I'm not all that concerned. We've beat good teams and have a very, very good team.

That was two years ago. , and we still have Norv Turner as a coach - the only idiot in the history of football that could accomplish that and still miss the playoffs. Thanks for bringing that up.

I think we probably can make the FF doing our "win in different ways" thing. We'll need our A game to win the title.

SU has owned the all-time series with UC. Didn't realize that

SU has owned the all-time series with UC. Didn't realize that
By my count Boeheim is 25-27 against Calhoun during his time at UCon. Prior to that I would imagine that SU dominated the series.

By my count Boeheim is 25-27 against Calhoun during his time at UCon. Prior to that I would imagine that SU dominated the series.
I think they said it was 7-6 SU in BET wins, 17-17 @UC, and SU was +20 at home or so.