Games to watch on Saturday? | Syracusefan.com

Games to watch on Saturday?

njcuse

Scout Team
What are the best matchups or most significant to SU? We've got all of Saturday and most of Sunday before Clemson; need some games to watch.

Don't see any killer games on the schedule but some kinda interesting ones

Cinci @ SMU Could be tough for the 'Cats
Mich@ Iowa Must win for Iowa at Home
Duke @ BC Just maybe?
Virginia @ Ga Tech To gauge our future
Fla St @ Maryland Same as above

Mich@Iwoa looks the most interesting. Don't know if we can gauge much from Vir@GaTech or the Fla St games except to look at the players and the style of play. Surprised if Duke game is a game, but one never knows do one.

we're big fans of the yellow jackets tomorrow, virginia-georgia tech is the game that most concerns us.

Purely from a tourney perspective, games that I will follow but in most cases will not watch

1. Cincy at SMU - SMU is 3.5 point favourites at home. Great opportunity for a top 25 win, that would put them in (for now)
2. UNC at ND. Has UNC fully turned it around? They are clearly in again, and need to win a few road games. It would be nice to see them miss.
3. Northwestern vs Nebraska. Northwestern is just an interesting story, can they win 4 in a row to go 6-5. Although they need a lot more to get on the bubble.
4. Providence at Xavier - A crucial game for both teams. Loser may be back on the outside looking in.
5. Oregon at Arizona St - Same as #4 above.
6. Bubble teams playing tough road games against non-tourney teams. Losses you don't want to have, but the type of games bubble teams lose Florida St at Maryland, Arkansas at Vanderbilt, St. Mary's at Pepperdine, Misssouri at Ole Miss, Boise St at Utah St

From an entertainment perspective

Michigan at Iowa - Just two good basketball teams that play at a nice flow (basically non traditional Big 10 basketball). Should be interesting. I just love the way Iowa moves the ball quickly off a mid-post or high-post pass. Quick passing - great team basketball.

I may start watching the Shocker Game in the second half if it is close. The line is -6 right now, so it's possible. Virginia is also only a 6 point fav at Georgia Tech, so I may invest some time in that game as well.

There is always a possibility for some big upsets, but you can't determine those in advance, and may only watch once it is close.

Last edited:
Purely from a tourney perspective

Cincy at SMU - SMU is 3.5 point favourites at home. Great opportunity for a top 25 win, that would put them in (for now)

Michigan at Iowa - Just two good basketball teams that play at a nice flow (basically non traditional Big 10 basketball). Should be interesting. I just love the way Iowa moves the ball quickly off a mid-post or high-post pass. Quick passing - great team basketball.

I may start watching the Shocker Game in the second half if it is close. The line is -6 right now, so it's possible. Virginia is also only a 6 point fav at Georgia Tech, so I may invest some time in that game as well.

There is always a possibility for some big upsets, but you can't determine those in advance, and may only watch once it is close.

Michigan Iowa should be a lot of fun. Much more than Oh St - Iowa.

yellow jackets ? no thanks.
stephonmarbury.jpg

Purely from a tourney perspective, games that I will follow but in most cases will not watch

1. Cincy at SMU - SMU is 3.5 point favourites at home. Great opportunity for a top 25 win, that would put them in (for now)
2. UNC at ND. Has UNC fully turned it around? They are clearly in again, and need to win a few road games. It would be nice to see them miss.
3. Northwestern vs Nebraska. Northwestern is just an interesting story, can they win 4 in a row to go 6-5. Although they need a lot more to get on the bubble.
4. Providence at Xavier - A crucial game for both teams. Loser may be back on the outside looking in.
5. Oregon at Arizona St - Same as #4 above.
6. Bubble teams playing tough road games against non-tourney teams. Losses you don't want to have, but the type of games bubble teams lose Florida St at Maryland, Arkansas at Vanderbilt, St. Mary's at Pepperdine, Misssouri at Ole Miss, Boise St at Utah St

I don't see the UNC at ND game listed anywhere for TV: regular tv or espn3. What is the game time?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom