Garrett Shrader 2-Minute Drill | Clemson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Garrett Shrader 2-Minute Drill | Clemson

If SU wins out and goes 10-3, there will be kids that hit the portal. If SU struggles to the finish line and has a losing season, there will be kids who hit the portal. The portal is the new easy out for anyone who isn’t happy with playing time, wants a new experience, wants to be closer to home, or whatever. It just is. I’m not going to sweat kids jumping into the portal unless we start losing a handful of starters. I don’t know why people here want to keep stoking that fire.

Why did another great RB transfer to Michigan State?

We need some wins and very soon.
3 or 4 wins and players and staff will be looking.
After the Rutgers game i posted about 2 kids who are very good and will most likely be gone as their parents were extremely disappointed with their situation. Nobody really knows what is going to happen. Hopefully the kids getting to experience college life this year and establish friendships outside of football helps.
Maybe I could see this being arguably reasonable for Tucker.

But for Shrader?

Thats another year of moving and learning a new system when he has the starting job nailed down here.

Why did another great RB transfer to Michigan State?

We need some wins and very soon.
3 or 4 wins and players and staff will be looking.
After the Rutgers game i posted about 2 kids who are very good and will most likely be gone as their parents were extremely disappointed with their situation. Nobody really knows what is going to happen. Hopefully the kids getting to experience college life this year and establish friendships outside of football helps.
That "great" RB was seldom used at WF and he is more of a pro power style rb rather than their zone-read, ridiculously long mesh point rb.

If SU wins out and goes 10-3, there will be kids that hit the portal. If SU struggles to the finish line and has a losing season, there will be kids who hit the portal. The portal is the new easy out for anyone who isn’t happy with playing time, wants a new experience, wants to be closer to home, or whatever. It just is. I’m not going to sweat kids jumping into the portal unless we start losing a handful of starters. I don’t know why people here want to keep stoking that fire.

yep no use even worrying about it anymore.

Dont shoot the messenger. I agree with you but we dont make the decision the kids and their families do.

So you are saying that Shrader would transfer and sit out another year if he wanted to play at this level when he would probably start for 2 more years? Seems crazy and I am not shooting messenger.

Maybe I could see this being arguably reasonable for Tucker.

But for Shrader?

Thats another year of moving and learning a new system when he has the starting job nailed down here.

Unless he has a major case of homesickness, Shrader isn't going anywhere, I don't know where he comes up with this stuff. You have to sit out a year on the 2nd transfer, you can't just hop school to school and play every year.

Tucker makes no sense either. What's the motivation, he wants 80,000 people in the crowd and more competition for playing time?

Unless he has a major case of homesickness, Shrader isn't going anywhere, I don't know where he comes up with this stuff. You have to sit out a year on the 2nd transfer, you can't just hop school to school and play every year.

Tucker makes no sense either. What's the motivation, he wants 80,000 people in the crowd and more competition for playing time?

1. GS transferred to play QB at the P5 level and now is doing exactly that. Why sit out another year? He's probably starting 2 more years. He's also running a scheme that suits his skill set and is still playing for the OC that recruited him.

2. Tucker, one more year and he's going to the NFL. Running back not valued much in NFL draft so he's most likely not going to improve draft position by transferring. I am sure scouts will all be well aware and his combine will be very important which I think given his background he should test very well because he ran track in HS as well. He has great instincts for the position as all the physical tools Hough could also be a nice change of pace next year as well. I just don't see it but stranger things have happened.

Now, if Dino and company are not back next year then nothing would surprise me, just goes with the territory and you live with it.

Last edited:

He's a provocateur and sometimes I think he posts just to watch the reaction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom