Garrett Shrader 2-Minute Drill | Virginia | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Garrett Shrader 2-Minute Drill | Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I don't understand this stuff. but if it was Covid, wouldn't the Health Department shut down the football program and canceled the game? What are the rules and protocols now for this in sports?
There really isn’t anything the health department does anymore. I am a teacher and schools are no longer required to contact trace or notify of positives within a class or school. No more quarantine for close contact. Basically it is the honor system. Some parents are testing their kids and keeping them out the 5 days if they are positive, but many more are done testing and simply sending their kids in when sick.

They let a lot go, but it's a big stretch to say the refs were on Purdue's side. We got away with some contact from our dbs too.
I actually felt they were pretty fair and better than what we usually see from ACC refs.
You didn't watch the same game I did.

Our CBs play completely differently than the Purdue CBs.

They were in our WRs grills, bumping, grabbing, holding and shoving on every play.

Our CBs don't do that. Don't get me wrong; they should be more physical. They could learn a lot from watching the Purdue CBs.

But the Purdue CBs pushed past the grey area of incidental contact on almost every play. The same was true of their safeties. We had guys literally getting tackled when they were trying to run routes. With no call.

Toward the end of the game, the Purdue CBs took their physical play up to another level. Garrett pointed out they were interfering with our WRs on every play of the final drive. It got so bad even the B1G refs had to call some of the stuff they were doing.

Hell, one of them literally pulled the arm out of the socket of one of our WRs and ended his season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom