Garrett Shrader is a righteous dude. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Garrett Shrader is a righteous dude.

He's also a sincere man of faith. I've had the chance to discuss matters of faith with him. Here he is leading the team in prayer on Thanksgiving.
20231125_184121.jpg

I feel like he has a frayed rotator cuff where it’s all management of strength and pain.
Yes, I agree. I sustained a shoulder injury near the end of my senior year college baseball season. This was 30 years ago when diagnosis wasn't as specific as today, and the doctor said it looks like a subluxation and some of the stuff around the shoulder joint is damaged. He asked me if I planned to play baseball anymore after college, and when I told him no, he asked if a year of rehab after a surgery was worth it to me. I said no.

The shoulder never bothered me after that unless I tried to throw a ball. I played softball for years, and every season it took longer and longer to warm up enough so that I could make it through a game. Finally, I hit a game when I threw a ball in from the outfield and the pain became so bad that I could barely lift my arm I wanted to walk off the field. That was my last game.

I guess my very long-winded point is that sometimes these things never fully go away and the timing of the injury is everything. Does he want another surgery and long recovery so he can try to throw a football at the next level when the odds of him doing that are low? That's a very difficult decision to make. I wouldn't question him for pursuing that dream, and I wouldn't question him for just saying, nah, let's just get on with life.

He pretty much carried this team the last few years. Unfortunate that we got to see a little too much of what the offense looked like without him.

I’ll remember this win because it was great, but also because this is when the injuries started to derail seasons.

I remember watching him play for Mississippi State his freshman year as he got flipped by a defender on a daring run and thinking, man, this is a tough Dungey-like dude.

I was super pumped when he transferred in and he's been my favorite player on the roster from that point on. It's frustrating that he wasn't able to give us a full season at his best, but man, what a tough dude, what a great leader.

He'll go down as one of my favorite Orangemen of all time.

He pretty much carried this team the last few years. Unfortunate that we got to see a little too much of what the offense looked like without him.

I’ll remember this win because it was great, but also because this is when the injuries started to derail seasons.

Agreed. It’s like the Boeheim quote for GMac- “we wouldn’t have won (insert number) f’n games without Garrett Shrader.”

Yes, I agree. I sustained a shoulder injury near the end of my senior year college baseball season. This was 30 years ago when diagnosis wasn't as specific as today, and the doctor said it looks like a subluxation and some of the stuff around the shoulder joint is damaged. He asked me if I planned to play baseball anymore after college, and when I told him no, he asked if a year of rehab after a surgery was worth it to me. I said no.

The shoulder never bothered me after that unless I tried to throw a ball. I played softball for years, and every season it took longer and longer to warm up enough so that I could make it through a game. Finally, I hit a game when I threw a ball in from the outfield and the pain became so bad that I could barely lift my arm I wanted to walk off the field. That was my last game.

I guess my very long-winded point is that sometimes these things never fully go away and the timing of the injury is everything. Does he want another surgery and long recovery so he can try to throw a football at the next level when the odds of him doing that are low? That's a very difficult decision to make. I wouldn't question him for pursuing that dream, and I wouldn't question him for just saying, nah, let's just get on with life.
Look at Drew Brees. Dude can't even throw with right arm any more. At family outings and with kids, he uses his left arm. Started in 2005 with dislocated shoulder, now massive arthritis.

Look at Drew Brees. Dude can't even throw with right arm any more. At family outings and with kids, he uses his left arm. Started in 2005 with dislocated shoulder, now massive arthritis.
This is exactly how I am now.

That was the hit that started his problems, guy coming in unblocked, leaves his feet, and hits Garrett as he released the ball. And no flag, the guy should have been suspended for the next game.

Just wondering, if he wanted, could he play another year? His first year at Miss St he only played 4 games. Does that year count?

Statistics​

Career463316−1753990159.86,7637.54321134.05242,1374.135
Syracuse Orange
Mississippi State Bulldogs
GPGSRecordCmpAttPctYdsAvgTDIntRtgAttYdsAvgTD
SeasonGamesPassingRushing
20191042–28815357.51,1707.685132.51135875.26
2020400–0000.000.0000.0000.00
20211293–612323452.61,4456.294113.71737814.514
202212127–520631864.82,6458.3177147.91504443.09
2023884–412319762.41,5087.795136.7893163.66

I feel like he has a frayed rotator cuff where it’s all management of strength and pain.
Actually no not that, if it’s rotator cuff tear, legit tear, you can’t do what he did yesterday. Look up glenoid labrum injuries. Once the acute pain resolves you can play, again albeit with limitations.

Best analogy was the cartilage injury Terrance Robert played with all year off/on electing like Shrader to put off surgery til the season was over due to the long rehab (that was a torn meniscus cartilage/same stuff as the labrum).

With a month to rest some, do therapy etc. he’s gonna light it up in the bowl game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teddy19

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom