Garrett Williams torn ACL, out for season | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Garrett Williams torn ACL, out for season

its not the turf or the opposition would be losing bodies

Get well soon GW. Thanks for playing your heart out every game!

Are schools insuring athletes, with pro futures, for loss of potential income yet? Seems like a no-brainer in this day and age.

Are schools insuring athletes, with pro futures, for loss of potential income yet? Seems like a no-brainer in this day and age.

The school won’t be losing the potential income so why would they be buying the insurance? What am I missing?

Sounds like a good way to use some NIL $$.

I would love to see schools provide medical coverage to student athletes beyond their playing years. Almost every football player will have some type of medical issue later in life related to the physicality of the game.

The school won’t be losing the potential income so why would they be buying the insurance? What am I missing?

I would love to see schools provide medical coverage to student athletes beyond their playing years. Almost every football player will have some type of medical issue later in life related to the physicality of the game.
Because that would be attractive to high end recruits.

Because they are risking their careers while playing (and making money) for the school. Because the schools can afford it with the TV checks they are cashing.

with no knowledge of how these things work I'd imagine if he stays at syracuse at least any and all rehab will be on their dime. Not sure if he leaves in May what they'd still be on the hook for.
He’s definitely gone. PFF had him 38 overall. He will certainly drop, but the same thing happened to Cisco. Tore ACL mid way through year and still got drafted. Now he’s starting for the Jags. If anything he saw his career flash before his eyes and in no way will he risk another injury which could ruin a promising career.

All these guys are gone. Tucker, Bergeron, Mikel, GW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom