Garrett Williams... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Garrett Williams...

Opinion or inside info?
Either way, GW is one of the classiest and talented players on the roster in recent memory. I wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors.
more so opinion, but his mob podcast guest showing would strongly hint towards pursuing the pro route.

Its like Cisco pt 2 but G had more draft potential than Andre had. Im confident he goes

The insiders I speak to havent said anything about him lately.

Opinion or inside info?

more so opinion, but his mob podcast guest showing would strongly hint towards pursuing the pro route.

Its like Cisco pt 2 but G had more draft potential than Andre had. Im confident he goes

The insiders I speak to havent said anything about him lately.

id be surprised if he came back. But the only reason to do so is the injury knocks him down to a day 3 draft projection grade. At that point NIL money might be better, and a healthy season puts him top of day 2 bottom of day 1. Whatever his pre-draft projection is that he receives is very unlikely to change as he can’t do anything (physically) to change peoples minds. He’s not running faster, jumping higher, showing off in an all star game, the combine or a pro day.

if he gets a round 1-4 projection, I’d say he goes, if he gets a round 5 projection I’d wager 50/50, and a round 6-7 I expect he comes back. If I had to guess, even with the injury I bet he’s a projected 4th rounder or better, so in my eyes he’s moving on.

id be surprised if he came back. But the only reason to do so is the injury knocks him down to a day 3 draft projection grade. At that point NIL money might be better, and a healthy season puts him top of day 2 bottom of day 1. Whatever his pre-draft projection is that he receives is very unlikely to change as he can’t do anything (physically) to change peoples minds. He’s not running faster, jumping higher, showing off in an all star game, the combine or a pro day.

if he gets a round 1-4 projection, I’d say he goes, if he gets a round 5 projection I’d wager 50/50, and a round 6-7 I expect he comes back. If I had to guess, even with the injury I bet he’s a projected 4th rounder or better, so in my eyes he’s moving on.

Not to mention I’m fairly certain he walked with Mikel in the senior walk which you don’t just do as an underclassmen imo unless its a forgone conclusion you’re gone

C - none of the above. (in my opinion)

Why wouldn't he go Pro?

Dre and Trill both made it happen, in spite of injuries.
I would think he would base his decision on feedback from scouts. If he's thought of the way Cisco was it makes sense to go. Wasn't he healthy enough to workout for teams since his injury was earlier in the year? Am I remembering that right?

I wonder if he would want to go the Trill route. It worked out for him, but there are more question marks going undrafted or being drafted late. He has more film available for scouts to evaluate than Trill had, so maybe that helps.

Williams should be gone. He will recover fine and NFL teams know that he will go in the top 4 rounds even with his injury. On the other hand, if he were to get another injury, he would be damaged goods. I hope he goes and shows out

One Baltimore writer (Kevin Eck) predicts Williams could end up a Raven.

"[Williams] figures to come off the board at some point on Day 2, although a knee injury sustained four months ago could put him in the Ravens' range. He has good length (6-foot, 189 pounds), fundamentals and discipline. He didn't get called for a penalty in his final two years at Syracuse. He's also a physical and willing tackler who plays with confidence, intelligence and solid ball skills."

Ravens draft predictions

"[Williams] figures to come off the board at some point on Day 2, although a knee injury sustained four months ago could put him in the Ravens' range. He has good length (6-foot, 189 pounds), fundamentals and discipline. He didn't get called for a penalty in his final two years at Syracuse. He's also a physical and willing tackler who plays with confidence, intelligence and solid ball skills."

Ravens draft predictions
Day two steal -- I think he goes in second round. Lockdown corners are hard to find. He has the upside worth taking in the second round. Can't see him slipping behind high third.

Ravens draft predictions
Think he also grades well in all the other intangible aspects at the combine. He's going to crush all the interviews. He's an impressive young man.

Vic Fangio asks the Phins to grab him in round 2 and it becomes the Trill and Will show in Miami for the next 8 years! Oh yeah!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom