Garrett Williams | Syracusefan.com

Garrett Williams

Tough day for Garrett, IMO. Made a couple plays but I thought he got beat a bit too much for someone with his reputation. It happens as a CB.

Frustrating early when they played off JonesAnd he was making moderate gains on the right side. Later they trusted GW to play him tight 1:1 and bring some pressure on the qb. I think GW was in his hip pocket on all his deep shots, including his TD and I think he was in really good position on a couple sideline catches that were just great throws and catches.

That said, Jones got a hand on a ball in the end zone the GW defended well, except he didn’t knock the ball down. GW has been tackling well and running with guys really well this year. If he wants to be a top 2 round draftee, he needs to turn some of these into INTs. He’s there, he needs to make a play on the ball.

Frustrating early when they played off JonesAnd he was making moderate gains on the right side. Later they trusted GW to play him tight 1:1 and bring some pressure on the qb. I think GW was in his hip pocket on all his deep shots, including his TD and I think he was in really good position on a couple sideline catches that were just great throws and catches.

That said, Jones got a hand on a ball in the end zone the GW defended well, except he didn’t knock the ball down. GW has been tackling well and running with guys really well this year. If he wants to be a top 2 round draftee, he needs to turn some of these into INTs. He’s there, he needs to make a play on the ball.

to be fair, that was an NFL QB and an NFL WR he was working on for 60 wild minutes.

to be fair, that was an NFL QB and an NFL WR he was working on for 60 wild minutes.

And to add to my own comment, our Defense played hard, but we REALLY didn't pressure their NFL QB all that much. GW played a pretty good game, allowed the rest of our guys to focus elsewhere until the 4Q...particularly when we jammed them with like 4 3-outs in the middle of the game when we coulda been blown out.

Oh, I agree. I have no real complaint about his game today But GW is getting talked about as a top nfl CB prospect. I’m taking about the difference between “very good college cb” and “top tier nfl draft pick”.

And to add to my own comment, our Defense played hard, but we REALLY didn't pressure their NFL QB all that much. GW played a pretty good game, allowed the rest of our guys to focus elsewhere until the 4Q...particularly when we jammed them with like 4 3-outs in the middle of the game when we coulda been blown out.
I thought the DLine played much better in the second half.

So both of those big plays happened right in front of me. Both he looked back. One looked like he slipped but that 15 is really good and insane sneaky speed

Oh, I agree. I have no real complaint about his game today But GW is getting talked about as a top nfl CB prospect. I’m taking about the difference between “very good college cb” and “top tier nfl draft pick”.
He’s still got the goods. You’ll see.

from my seat on the touchdown it looks like the receiver helped make him slip with a subtle shove kinda like how ish and custis would

Best thing that could’ve ever happened to GW. I feel bad for UVA’s best Receiver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom