gathers back on the market | Syracusefan.com

gathers back on the market

cuseclappy

Winner 2016 SU Football Season Prediction Contest
per espn

"Gathers recently decommitted from St. John's to rethink his situation but is still considering the Red Storm. LSU and Syracuse are reportedly still in the mix but expect other high majors to take a stab at the low-post beast who also considered Texas, Arizona, Ohio State, Oregon and California. "

According to that St. John's troll from the summer, we should be in good hands because we have our recruiting ace Bernie Fine on the job :)

Whoa ... 6'7" 240# and averaging 20+ ppg as well as 17 rebs/game ... Nah, can't use him.

The question is would SU take him ... nah, can't use him.

Rough couple of months for the Johnnie’s…
-Lavin cancer diagnosis
-3 freshmen ruled ineligible for fall semester
-Sampson decommits
-Gathers decommits
-today they find out Pelle will be 2012, not this year

guy is an absolute monster on the glass ... reminds me of a more athletic Dayshawn Wright ... would love to have a guy like this who really goes after it on both ends

guy is an absolute monster on the glass ... reminds me of a more athletic Dayshawn Wright ... would love to have a guy like this who really goes after it on both ends
good comparison..always wish we could have found out what dayshawn would have done here

Im sure we have a opening but I hope he realizes theres other kids knocking to.

Do we have any more schollies?

DC2 and Gathers went against one another in an AAU game over the summer. DC2 had 20ps, 11rbs, and 2blks. While Gathers had 22pts, 10rbs, and 1blk. I've complete faith in Bernie to lock this one up.

If you were Gathers, would you go to a school that already had DC2, Baye, Fab, Christmas and is stroking Noel?

...nope...and frankly...do we need him...would be good get but...
C'mon Arbs ...need as opposed to wouldn't it be really nice ... Yeah we'll take him. DC2 in the middle (with Fab and Keita), Xmas and Gathers at the 4, CJ and Grant at the 3 ... Woo Hoooo!! But then there is Noel ... but that's 2013 ... and if he doesn't go right to NBA. We have 1 schollie left to give.

Rough couple of months for the Johnnie’s…
-Lavin cancer diagnosis
-3 freshmen ruled ineligible for fall semester
-Sampson decommits
-Gathers decommits
-today they find out Pelle will be 2012, not this year

And they squeaked by Lehigh last night.

You've got to be kidding. This kid would be a huge addition regardless of how many bigs we have. This would just be in the spirit of our recent embarassment of riches recruiting paradigm. Sign the kid up! GO ORANGE!!!!

In all honesty he looks to still be a heavy St. Johns lean ... I guess the decommit was more a family thing.

per espn

"Gathers recently decommitted from St. John's to rethink his situation but is still considering the Red Storm. LSU and Syracuse are reportedly still in the mix but expect other high majors to take a stab at the low-post beast who also considered Texas, Arizona, Ohio State, Oregon and California. "
This is almost getting comical being on all the short lists now. I have followed program for 20-25 years now and I dont ever remember these spoils.