Gbinije starting at the 2 next season? | Syracusefan.com

Gbinije starting at the 2 next season?

Cuse4

Scout Team
Even if we are to land Jordan(which I hope) or Patterson, I have a feeling GBJ will start at the 2. Jim is going to fall in love with these big guards up top after this year(MCW and even James and CJ). Even if say 1 or 2 out of DC2, ROC and CJ leave, I still think GBJ will play more at the 2 than the 3. Thoughts?

Even if we are to land Jordan(which I hope) or Patterson, I have a feeling GBJ will start at the 2. Jim is going to fall in love with these big guards up top after this year(MCW and even James and CJ). Even if say 1 or 2 out of DC2, ROC and CJ leave, I still think GBJ will play more at the 2 than the 3. Thoughts?
Its Cooney's spot.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Its Cooney's spot.

Ya gotta have at least 3 guards. If he can develop some handle, Cooney can slide to the point when Silent G comes in.

Ya gotta have at least 3 guards. If he can develop some handle, Cooney can slide to the point when Silent G comes in.
Right. The question was who starts. IMO Cooney is vastly under rated as a player and athlete.

I'm real excited for Gbinije. I think he's going to be really good after seeing him at orange madness. I'd expect him to start at the 2, maybe the 3 depending on who leaves or commits.

Seems like it's been a while since SU had a guy who could and did legitimately slide between the 2 and 3, Josh Pace was probably the last such guy (Paul Harris spent a good chunk of a season playing the 2 out of necessity, not sure he really belonged there though), Gbinije is hopefully the next one. But as for who will start at the 2 NEXT year, it's just too soon to tell, Cooney has yet to play a minute against a D1 opponent, and there's still the possibility of adding a new commit for next year (I'm thinking Patterson is less likely to beat out both for a starting job)..

james and fair have to show they can stay in front of their man first if they want to play some 2 this year.

Gbinije looked to me to play in one gear during the exhibition 2nd
biggrin.png
I believe Gbinije will start from day one.
Hell be a 3rd year all american that puts up points and has speed height and some handles. Not only do I not see that that sitting, I see him as one of our 2 leading scorers/playmakers.

Mike is going to be a great player for the Cuse. Check out this video and watch him at the 53 second mark. Keep in mind that the video is 2 years old but he clearly demonstrates that he has a great handle, can break the defense down off the dribble, can shoot the 3, and can manufacture his own shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom