Gbinijie | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Gbinijie

That Villanova loss in the first round of the BET, followed by our first round loss to Richmond, really hurt his legacy.

That, combined with the context of his early departure and the reason he gave for leaving.

FT shooting is an issue .....
Overall it is atrocious, but he has hit some clutch FTs down the stretch. That tells me his poor shooting is mostly about focus/concentration.

Overall it is atrocious, but he has hit some clutch FTs down the stretch. That tells me his poor shooting is mostly about focus/concentration.

He seems to want to lift or almost push the ball into the air at the end. Like he's putting an unnaturally high loft on it for his shot. I agree he's been more focused down the stretch shooting FT's in the last couple than earlier this year.

Salivating at the thought of what he's going to do next year surrounded by the influx of young talent.
1st team all ACC (next yr)
Young talent and college contributor are not necessarily one and the same.

It tickles me right to remember back to when half of you were calling me an idiot for saying he'd average double digits this year.

Gotta have faith in the system and your boys.

It tickles me right to remember back to when half of you were calling me an idiot for saying he'd average double digits this year.

Gotta have faith in the system and your boys.

I had the same preseason thought trueblue, he was to athletic, strong, and had that look he just needed to attempt more shooting to build confidence. He has a nice confid flow to his game (and probably is teaching kaleb that) Plus he was knocking down some open threes last year in the mold of some of our sophmore/jr forwards who made a big shooting jump the year after. Hes going to make another shooting jump next year imo, especially off the pullup.

He has the tools and size.. As a sg I think he could do more damage off the dribble with his height and strength then SF. He could absolutely abuse people all night, Almost to the point I would like Cooney to play spot up motion point and him sg.

But G is probably alitle better defensively at SF, and a good rebounder so its its tough to tell, and we have alot of forwards and guards slated for next year already.

Last edited: