Women's Softball - GCU Kickoff Tournament [Phoenix]: Feb 8-9 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Softball GCU Kickoff Tournament [Phoenix]: Feb 8-9

SU, leading 8-3 going to the bottom of the 7th, and somehow loses 9-8. :(

Was just going to post this. The softball families travel well. Many players had family at the games. I'd say total Syracuse fans were close to 100. We had about 12 alumni today, and I expect a similar number of different ones tomorrow. I was at both games today. The first game was an absolute heart breaker. We led the entire game. It was down to 2 outs when SD St. went on a scoring rampage that was helped by a couple of Syracuse errors. We never should have lost this game, but it happens. They then came out 3 hours later to play the #4 team in the country. One look at that team, and especially their pitcher, and we thought we were doomed. But the girl hung tough keeping it at 0-0 well through the game. Once again the 7th inning proved to be fatal. It was 0-2 going into the 6th. We were right there , and played awesome defense in this game through the first 6 innings. We play them again tomorrow. As you can see above I spoke to the girls before the game. It was very last minute and I had no idea. The coach mostly wanted them to hear something I had just said to her about how important it was to us to have a piece of Orange in AZ. So that was the jist of my speech. They were particularly impressed that we had an 87 year old alum coming to the game. They said if she had trouble navigating the stairs they would come and carry her up. These girls are amazing. the photo above is myself, our new local club President Patty, and the 2 freshman softball players that hail from Arizona.

Was just going to post this. The softball families travel well. Many players had family at the games. I'd say total Syracuse fans were close to 100. We had about 12 alumni today, and I expect a similar number of different ones tomorrow. I was at both games today. The first game was an absolute heart breaker. We led the entire game. It was down to 2 outs when SD St. went on a scoring rampage that was helped by a couple of Syracuse errors. We never should have lost this game, but it happens. They then came out 3 hours later to play the #4 team in the country. One look at that team, and especially their pitcher, and we thought we were doomed. But the girl hung tough keeping it at 0-0 well through the game. Once again the 7th inning proved to be fatal. It was 0-2 going into the 6th. We were right there , and played awesome defense in this game through the first 6 innings. We play them again tomorrow. As you can see above I spoke to the girls before the game. It was very last minute and I had no idea. The coach mostly wanted them to hear something I had just said to her about how important it was to us to have a piece of Orange in AZ. So that was the jist of my speech. They were particularly impressed that we had an 87 year old alum coming to the game. They said if she had trouble navigating the stairs they would come and carry her up. These girls are amazing. the photo above is myself, our new local club President Patty, and the 2 freshman softball players that hail from Arizona.
Well you can't hide from me on Twitter. ;)

Was a great game last night. Alexis Kaiser, one of our AZ freshman hit a home run. She had just missed one in the afternoon game. She is a power hitter. This will be the first of many HRs, I think. I was sitting behind her parents. They were so excited. Her dad was an NFL player for a few years. They used the European rules for the OT. Each team starts with a runner on 2nd base. GCU was only able to advance their runner to 3rd base, due to some awesome outfield catches by our players. We were able to quickly advance our runner home, and thus we all got to go home, as it was cold out. About 44 degrees with a cold breeze during the game. Somehow AZ is not being very AZish this winter. For the next 10 days highs of 50s and low 60s. This is our December and early January weather. I, for one, am tired of it. I have only seen 70 about 5 times since November.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom