Geno and Nassib | Syracusefan.com

Geno and Nassib

orangemass

All American
If I'm a NFL GM and need a QB I take a close look at yesterday's game... Maybe I only see Geno when he sucks but his pocket presence is lacking, has limited mobility and doesn't seem particualrly accurate...

Nassib showed what he was made up in one particular moment... He is one tough SOB... He takes a hit like that and misses one play and then doesn't flinch the rest of the game...

I think that one sack was the hardest I've seen Ryan ever get hit. I can't remember him EVER getting leveled like that.

Was a tough game to gauge either QB. Our defense is alot better than WVU's as well. Throw in the elements and the fact we could run at will and you didn't get a proper showcase for Nassib. The only glaring mistake Nassib made that can't be attributed to the weather was that across the field throw that should have been a pick 6, you just can't make that throw.

If I'm a NFL GM and need a QB I take a close look at yesterday's game... Maybe I only see Geno when he sucks but his pocket presence is lacking, has limited mobility and doesn't seem particualrly accurate...

Nassib showed what he was made up in one particular moment... He is one tough SOB... He takes a hit like that and misses one play and then doesn't flinch the rest of the game...

My guess is he played the rest of the game hurt as well.

That type of shot can guarantee a cracked rib or two...

I thought Ryan's arm looked better than Geno's. Most of Geno's yards were made by his receivers after the catch, where as Ryan made quite a few nice mid-range throws under what were obviously very difficult conditions. There were also a few drops that hurt Ryan's stats (and Geno's). Ryan only had a few bad throws:

1. On the long bomb he underthrew though we got a pass interference penalty. Probably due to the ball being slippery.

2. The INT throw should have been to the receivers front shoulder, but still the defender made a great play to get the int.

3. The play when the WV defender dropped what should have been an easy pick six - that was more of a bad read than a bad throw.

What I love about Ryan's game is how often he comes up big with great throws on the third & longs - he is very clutch.

Geno probably gets drafted higher, but I think Ryan will be the better pro.

Geno definitely looked like he was from Miami during the game, that's for sure.

Nassib played on worse teams than Geno, career wise, and he never lost his cool for so long. Leadership counts in the NFL and there will be many days when things are not going your way. Geno lacks the maturity to lead at the next level and will need to develop it. Ryan already possesses the maturity and knows how to handle adversity, on and off the field. A good or bad play is over, the next play is completely new and deserves his full attention.

I believe that Ryan has a chance to make the pros however he has a long ways to go. His arm strength has never been questioned and the pros should be able to hang onto his bullets better than our guys have. His biggest problem in my opinion is that he still lacks touch. Ryan is a thrower more than a passer. He struggles horribly with the long ball and his accuracy is lacking. Great numbers, great leader, tough as nails and as smart as they come will enable him to stick and be a good pro. If he can continue to show improvement as a passer vs a thrower he has a chance to be special. Last point he needs to go to a team that has balance. Once HCDM decided to take the pressure off Ryan and place it on our Oline and backs he played much better. Boy do i wish we had one more year of him and i also wonder how much better he would have been if GP hadnt come to Syracuse.

Even w/ the suck game he had Smith's numbers were better than Nassib. The funny part was u could see that Geno wanted to beat SU baaaadly. I think Smith will be the better nfl qb. I still do not see Nassib as an nfl qb.

I give both QB's and all the WR's a big pass yesterday and wouldn't take anything from the game. The snow, rain, snow, sleet, rain, snow succession made it impossible for those guys. Even Macky had his first bad snap of the year.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Even w/ the suck game he had Smith's numbers were better than Nassib. The funny part was u could see that Geno wanted to beat SU baaaadly. I think Smith will be the better nfl qb. I still do not see Nassib as an nfl qb.

How many 3rd and 4th downs did they convert? He had a handful of big YAC passes, he didnt't get the ball down field any better than Nassib did, on more throws.

So . . . . what does this mean exactly? I don't feel like trying to decode it.

Geno is 6'1 tops which is kinda short for an NFL QB. Geno has played in the shotgun his entire career which won't happen in the NFL. Geno played in a pass happy system which makes your numbers look great. So did Detmer, Couch, Breenan, Harrell and none of them made it in the NFL. Geno is not a runner and is not good at avoiding pressure. He is a very good college QB but I just don't see why a team would take him in the first or second round.

Bills fans all season: "We need to draft a mobile QB... like Geno Smith!"

:rolling:

I'd trade every single draft pick for a competent coaching staff. One win against teams that finished with winning records. ONE.

Bills fans all season: "We need to draft a mobile QB... like Geno Smith!"

:rolling:
Most bills fans know nothing about college football, they don't really watch much

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I give both QB's and all the WR's a big pass yesterday and wouldn't take anything from the game. The snow, rain, snow, sleet, rain, snow succession made it impossible for those guys. Even Macky had his first bad snap of the year.

I'm with you, except for Smith's temper tantrum and Nassib recovering from the hit he took. I think both things were meaningful.

Absolutely. Nassib kept his composure under the tough circumstances. Smith didn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom