Geno Auriemma UPS Logistics Commercial | Syracusefan.com

Geno Auriemma UPS Logistics Commercial

Eric15

Living Legend
If I see this commercial one more time, I'm going to boycott UPS for the rest of my life.

I mean, wouldn't the United States Postal Service be a more appropriate analogy for women's basketball, in that it's slow, nobody really likes it, and its not financially sustainable on it's own? Kidding, kidding... well not really.

logistics commercials in general are awful

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I'd love to see Geno take over the UConn men's team if JC decides to retire, just to see if he can coach at a level where the competition is a little better than the JV level he currently coaches in.

I'd love to see Geno take over the UConn men's team if JC decides to retire, just to see if he can coach at a level where the competition is a little better than the JV level he currently coaches in.
He created the competition. Before UCONN it was all about Tennessee. Now his program is the benchmark.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

USps= post office , united parcel service=ups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The old white board UPS commercials were very well-conceived. These new "Logistics" commercials are just dumb.

If I see this commercial one more time, I'm going to boycott UPS for the rest of my life.

I mean, wouldn't the United States Postal Service be a more appropriate analogy for women's basketball, in that it's slow, nobody really likes it, and its not financially sustainable on it's own? Kidding, kidding... well not really.

The USPS was one of the great Federal government institutions. For 200 years, it enabled business, and helped America become what it has become. It was not designed for the digital age. But please note, that those sustainable, for profit companies, like UPS and Fedex, pay the USPS to deliver packages to all those non-profitable addresses.

BTW, my letters and bills never get lost, and almost everything gets delivered within about 2 days. Great performance in my mind.

I have had problems when ordering online and UPS is the carrier. Now that Geno is pimping for them...well that just seals the deal.
upssucks.jpg

I'd have to look for the article (i'm too lazy to do so), but I think he said he would be equally successful as a men's coach but would only considering leaving his job for one like the Duke men's job or something along those lines.

I have had problems when ordering online and UPS is the carrier. Now that Geno is pimping for them...well that just seals the deal.
upssucks.jpg

I've had problems with them as well, much, much, much, much more so than with USPS or Fed-Ex. I'm sure others will have different experiences, but I try to avoid them at all costs.

The USPS was one of the great Federal government institutions. For 200 years, it enabled business, and helped America become what it has become. It was not designed for the digital age. But please note, that those sustainable, for profit companies, like UPS and Fedex, pay the USPS to deliver packages to all those non-profitable addresses.

BTW, my letters and bills never get lost, and almost everything gets delivered within about 2 days. Great performance in my mind.

Can't really disagree with any of this, I was just using cliches for the purposes of making a joke.

FedEx will be happy to deliver a #10 envelope letter for you if you put it into one of their 8x11 express envelopes and charge you $10. As much as we make fun of the USPS, you can mail a letter/card etc anywhere in the US and it gets there in 1-2 days for less than 50 cents.

FedEx will be happy to deliver a #10 envelope letter for you if you put it into one of their 8x11 express envelopes and charge you $10. As much as we make fun of the USPS, you can mail a letter/card etc anywhere in the US and it gets there in 1-2 days for less than 50 cents.

That being said, they need to eliminate Saturday deliveries. Only people really using snail mail is businesses and people mailing wedding invites and holiday cards. More people are doing things online and that will only increase.

I said something to my wife the other day on how little amount of mail we get nowadays. We used to get a full box on most days and now it's only 2 or 3 pieces.

It's 50 cents because your taxes pay the rest. As you said, the true price of delivering that letter in a competitive market is $10 and that's what people should pay. If you can't afford it, send a fax or an e-mail.

As far as Geno, he has made living in CT almost unbearable as people yap about women's basketball here like it's some sort of measuring stick against other schools. Then they act all surprised when I tell them I have never seen a single game, don't know who their current "star" player is, nor would I ever care to know.

It's 50 cents because your taxes pay the rest. As you said, the true price of delivering that letter in a competitive market is $10 and that's what people should pay. If you can't afford it, send a fax or an e-mail.

As far as Geno, he has made living in CT almost unbearable as people yap about women's basketball here like it's some sort of measuring stick against other schools. Then they act all surprised when I tell them I have never seen a single game, don't know who their current "star" player is, nor would I ever care to know.

People in Connecticut refuse to acknowledge that no one else cares about women's basketball, and argue it to death. My Dad's the worst offender.

I had an interesting experience with UPS. My brother bought a gift for me for my birthday on Amazon.com. It was shipped to me from them, via UPS. My brother called me on my birthday to wish my happy birthday and see if I received his gift. I said I hadn't and he said his tracking info said it was delivered earlier that afternoon. That wasn't true because my wife was home all day. Our only thought was they delivered it to one of our neighbors.

So I called UPS and asked them what was going on. They said in order to figure out what happened, they'd have to put a trace on it, which has to be initiated through amazon. I asked if I could speak with the driver, because a 5 min conversation with him would let me know what house he left it at, considering I know the neighborhood. They refused to let me do that, and insisted their tracing would figure it out in 10-14 business days.

So I called my brother and he initiated the trace with amazon. I called several neighbors and none of them had it. The next day, a neighbor 6 houses down from us (address ended in 22 instead of 10) brought it to us an said UPS delivered it there on accident.

So a couple days later we got a call from UPS saying they completed their trace and they are confident it was delivered to the correct house. So I told the guy they delivered it my neighbor SIX houses down from us with the address not close to the same, and they said "oh so you have the package so everything is fine then?" I told them no, that their drivers are incompetent, and all they do is deliver packages yet they can't even do that right.

It was the fourth time in the last 6 months UPS has delivered a package that should have come to my house to the wrong house. Each time, they delivered it to a different house.

LOL, one of the best posts of this nascent year.

I had an interesting experience with UPS. My brother bought a gift for me for my birthday on Amazon.com. It was shipped to me from them, via UPS. My brother called me on my birthday to wish my happy birthday and see if I received his gift. I said I hadn't and he said his tracking info said it was delivered earlier that afternoon. That wasn't true because my wife was home all day. Our only thought was they delivered it to one of our neighbors.

So I called UPS and asked them what was going on. They said in order to figure out what happened, they'd have to put a trace on it, which has to be initiated through amazon. I asked if I could speak with the driver, because a 5 min conversation with him would let me know what house he left it at, considering I know the neighborhood. They refused to let me do that, and insisted their tracing would figure it out in 10-14 business days.

So I called my brother and he initiated the trace with amazon. I called several neighbors and none of them had it. The next day, a neighbor 6 houses down from us (address ended in 22 instead of 10) brought it to us an said UPS delivered it there on accident.

So a couple days later we got a call from UPS saying they completed their trace and they are confident it was delivered to the correct house. So I told the guy they delivered it my neighbor SIX houses down from us with the address not close to the same, and they said "oh so you have the package so everything is fine then?" I told them no, that their drivers are incompetent, and all they do is deliver packages yet they can't even do that right.

It was the fourth time in the last 6 months UPS has delivered a package that should have come to my house to the wrong house. Each time, they delivered it to a different house.
I have two nightmare stories. My son bought a watch for his wife for Christmas and had it delivered to my house so she would not see it. According to the tracking it was supposedly delivered about 3 weeks before Christmas - of course that did not happen. UPS did not believe our claims that it wasn't delivered. After much back and forth, this package mysteriously showed up on my front porch some time during Christmas Day unopened! Either it was mis-delivered or UPS finally found it.

The 2nd story involves a folding sports seat with orange material that can attach to a bleacher seat. I purchased it especially for the UConn game at the Dome this year. It was never delivered on the date UPS claims it was. Luckily the vendor shipped out a replacement the next day which I received. I then find a slip of paper left on my front door by UPS asking what happened. After filling it out I left it on my front door for a UPS driver to pick up - of course no one ever did. I then had to track down one of their drivers as they rode past my house to give it to them. The vendor then called me and stated that UPS told them that I received both sport seats and if that were not the case I would have to file a police report!!!! I informed the vendor that as far as I was concerned the matter was closed as I had received one chair that I had ordered and that UPS could pound salt if they think I was going to file a police report. The vendor rep was very nice and said that she would handle UPS on her end. I told her that she should recommend that UPS should be dropped as their carrier and go with Fed Ex or USPS.

Logistics MY ASS!!!