Geno Smith Going #1 in mock drafts? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Geno Smith Going #1 in mock drafts?

An average college qb???? That's it, I've seen it all on this board. He had f#%*ing 40 touchdown passes to only six picks and a 70% completion percentage. Average? Unreal.

Did he have great wideouts? Sure he did. But give me a break.

Here is what I don't get: wahhh we'll never really know how good he is bc he was throwing to pro wideouts. Hello, ALL receivers in the NFL are pro wideouts. Ehh I don't know how good Brady is, he's throwing to pro wideouts..

All I remember is his crappy body language.

Here is what I don't get: wahhh we'll never really know how good he is bc he was throwing to pro wideouts. Hello, ALL receivers in the NFL are pro wideouts. Ehh I don't know how good Brady is, he's throwing to pro wideouts..

I would not be surprised if Sanchez and Leinart hurt Barkley's draft stock.

I admit I haven't really watched Klein play a lot but he was a Heisman finalist cant be too bad. Geno smith should at least got invited for the Heisman if hes the number one Qb and #1 overall pick, weird. I was just shocked to see this guy going # 1 the way he played against us. He didn't look that good, looks in accurate, slow and a statue in the pocket. He's got a dynamic offense easy to put a lot of stats up cant ignore that. He has one wr with 22 tds and like 1,600 yards receiving plus Tavon Austin. I wouldn't do it i'll trade down and get Barkley or Jones. Jones will be the best Qb in the draft.
Klein won't even get drafted. He's projected to be an undrafted free agent who I doubt even gets an NFL look. I agree with you about Geno Smith though. He looks like the second coming of Jamarcus Russell.

Your missing one important fact... He's throwing to PRO Wr's against COLLEGE Defenses and db's that most will never sniff the NFL. get it now? He has Tavon Austin who is projected to go in 1st round and another Wr Bailey with 22 Td receptions and 1,600 yards receiveing that will likely go in the 1st round also. Trying to remember the last Qb who went 1st and had a college teamate Wr also go in the 1st round. I know of a few Te's but no Wr's and Geno has two.

Your missing one important fact... He's throwing to PRO Wr's against COLLEGE Defenses and db's that most will never sniff the NFL. get it now? He has Tavon Austin who is projected to go in 1st round and another Wr Bailey with 22 Td receptions and 1,600 yards receiveing that will likely go in the 1st round also. Trying to remember the last Qb who went 1st and had a college teamate Wr also go in the 1st round. I know of a few Te's but no Wr's and Geno has two.
just think if Mr. Ryan is drafted by the cowboys . Rings please !

Pretty sure RG3 and Luck went before weeden at 22.
Didn't know you were implying first overall. JaMarcus Russell had Dwayne Bowe WR (23rd Overall) in 2007. Also, Sam Bradford had Jermaine Gresham TE (21st overall) in 2010 and Matt Stafford had Mohamed Massaquoi WR (2nd round) in 2009. Those are just recent notables.

Didn't know you were implying first overall. JaMarcus Russell had Dwayne Bowe WR (23rd Overall) in 2007. Also, Sam Bradford had Jermaine Gresham TE (21st overall) in 2010 and Matt Stafford had Mohamed Massaquoi WR (2nd round) in 2009. Those are just recent notables.

"Trying to remember the last Qb who went 1st and had a college teamate Wr also go in the 1st round."

You named one, JaMarcus and where is JaMarcus? My point is there are not many #1 QB picks that had a college WR teamate also go in the 1st round. Most of the top QB picks went because they were accurate and could win a Football game by themselves with out 1st round talent at Wr. The reason why I wouldnt select geno smith in the 1st round with possibly 2 1st round wr's that padded geno stats.

And you missed a TE from last year. Luck&Fleener

"Trying to remember the last Qb who went 1st and had a college teamate Wr also go in the 1st round."

You named one, JaMarcus and where is JaMarcus? My point is there are not many #1 QB picks that had a college WR teamate also go in the 1st round. Most of the top QB picks went because they were accurate and could win a Football game by themselves with out 1st round talent at Wr. The reason why I wouldnt select geno smith in the 1st round with possibly 2 1st round wr's that padded geno stats.

And you missed a TE from last year. Luck&Fleener
Matthew Stafford & AJ Green (featuring Mohamed Massaquoi - 2nd rounder) - 2010
Carson Palmer & Mike Williams - 2003
Sam Bradford & Ryan Broyles (2nd rounder, who would have been a first rounder had he not torn his ACL in the last game of the season) in 2011

Geno is smith is not simply just an average college quarterback as was stated earlier. Period. That was the point of my post.

Matthew Stafford & AJ Green (featuring Mohamed Massaquoi - 2nd rounder) - 2010
Carson Palmer & Mike Williams - 2003
Sam Bradford & Ryan Broyles (2nd rounder, who would have been a first rounder had he not torn his ACL in the last game of the season) in 2011

AJ Green came out in 2011 and Matthew Stafford in 2009. Verdict is still out on Stafford.

Palmer and Williams really the only recent one. My point is the good qbs that panned out in the NFL made there WR's look good not the WR's made there QB look good. Geno two wr's have 90% of his stats.

Geno is smith is not simply just an average college quarterback as was stated earlier. Period. That was the point of my post.

Ok he's decent. He looked really average when we destroyed him and usually top Qb's have there way with us. JS