George Morris II | Syracusefan.com

George Morris II

I am totally on the OttoinGrotto train with him. Guy has great vision. He will be a tremendous feature back for the next 3 years.
He's looked smooth from section 305, for sure.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Has Smith said that he is gone or something? He has another year, right? Why is he not in anyone's plans for next year?

I've been on the GMII band wagon since he broke a huge run in spring game. Saw speed from the RB position we've not seen in a while. He's a keeper.

Has Smith said that he is gone or something? He has another year, right? Why is he not in anyone's plans for next year?
I was just thinking about that. I keep forgetting Jerome has another year, if he wants it. Where does he stand on the all time rushing list at SU? He has to have over 2000 yards total now, which puts him in position to at least threaten the career record if he comes back, right?

But yes, I cannot WAIT to see what Morris can do in a bigger role.

2010. just about 2000 behind little joe morris. could get to 2nd though.

2010. just about 2000 behind little joe morris. could get to 2nd though.

Joe had 4299. Walter Reyes is #2 with 3424 and Delone Carter #3 with 3104. of course those guys played many more games than Brown, Davis, Little, Csonka, etc. Freshman weren't eligible and we played 8-10 games a year. Bowls were for top 20 teams. Jim Brown gained 2091 yards in 25 games. And they played both ways then, meaning that Jim wouldn't be in for offensive plays when the 2nd or 3rd team was playing.

He runs a little bit high, but he had some great runs and found some small seams that I'm not sure Rome could fit through

He has a pep in his step and a burst you just can't teach. I expect to see a lot of long runs out of him in the future

He mixes patience with burst. That's a very good trait.

Yep...and as someone mentioned above, I really, really like his vision. If he stays injury free I expect huge things from GMII

And, of course I dream of what it would be like to have a FB-HB backfield next year with Smith as Csonka and Morris as Little. But it's only a dream...:(

He mixes patience with burst. That's a very good trait.

I agree Bees that is what i saw he waits for his blockers and when he sees the hole hits it with a burst not seen in a very long time on the hill. Ben would have loved this kid

Whoever compared his style to Marcus Allen was pretty spot on. We should be so lucky if he turns out to be in the same area code as Marcus.

And, of course I dream of what it would be like to have a FB-HB backfield next year with Smith as Csonka and Morris as Little. But it's only a dream...:(

How about that pass to Cleveland our fullback yesterday - brought back memories of the old NFL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teddy19

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom