George Morris | Syracusefan.com

George Morris

Would be a great pickup, especially with McFaralne apparently liking Vanderbilt.

A must sign, imo. We need an explosive RB w/ size.

If you know, who are the other two favorites?

Couldn't get confirmation on the other two we are competing with ... was just told we made the top 3, playing time is a driving factor in his decision is my understanding.

actually he was tied for first for the scoring at 11.3 per game

True I went by total points I think ... that is how it was slotted.

Loved his video. Let's close shall we?

... was just told we made the top 3, playing time is a driving factor in his decision is my understanding.
He would have a legit shot at cracking the 2-deep next year. With Marrone's determination to run the ball, a kid w/ his size and speed would fit in perfectly. Ditto for Lynch but I don't get the sense that he's in play.

Coach Marrone must believe we have Morris locked up because he confirmed today that all 25 scholarships are taken for 2012.
Nice! Let's hope so.

If McFarlane stays committed and we add Morris, the RB stable is looking much stronger for 2012.

Listening to the coach today he is not bluffing in terms of the class of 2012. They have 25 players committed to the Cuse and the staff is now working on the class of 2013.

"We will win the next two games."

Listening to the coach today he is not bluffing in terms of the class of 2012. They have 25 players committed to the Cuse and the staff is now working on the class of 2013.

What would he bluff about? The number of commits?

How many of those 25 do we know about right now... 23? Who are the most likely final recruits that haven't been made public yet?

How many of those 25 do we know about right now... 23? Who are the most likely final recruits that haven't been made public yet?

I thought it was only 21 including Smallwood, Broyld and Davis ... not sure how the count breaks down ... but that means 4 unknowns ... at a minimum. If they aren't counting the trio I mentioned earlier then you are at 7.

I made a post about this a couple weeks ago when it was discussed that we were full.

Does this mean our remaining spots have been filled with some big time talent - for us?

I made a post about this a couple weeks ago when it was discussed that we were full.

Does this mean our remaining spots have been filled with some big time talent - for us?

I just want to know how many damn unknowns there are LOL ... that alone would give me something to look forward to.

I just want to know how many damn unknowns there are LOL ... that alone would give me something to look forward to.

Yeah - that's kind of what I mean. I think were both assuming/hoping the amount of unknowns = really good commits. Fingers crossed.

Yeah - that's kind of what I mean. I think were both assuming/hoping the amount of unknowns = really good commits. Fingers crossed.

Yep I agree ... I think Morgan is one ... its that other 3+ that have my brain spinning ... although I think Morris is a silent verbal ... I am praying that is the case.

we sure as heck can hope

Out of curiosity, how does being a silent commit come about? Does the coach ask the commit not to say anything? I know if I was in that case, I'd be telling people after that happened, hell my parents would have told anyone that was listening. I wonder how that conversation goes.

names:

Morgan, Morris, Scelfo, Perkins, Lynch (the usual ones bantered about)

Here could be some shockers - how about these: Trae Clark (DT - OH), Ryan Watson (OG - MD), Jeremy Glinton (WR - FL), Tevin Coleman (RB - IL), Kenderious Whitehead (DE - GA), Justin Thomason (DE - GA), Bryan Johnson (DE - NCC), Bam Bradley (S - OH) Corry Omeally (CB - FL)

I would really like this four: Morgan, Perkins/Lynch/Morris, Thomason/Johnson, and Scelfo. Hits all the needs with impressive talent imo.

Out of curiosity, how does being a silent commit come about? Does the coach ask the commit not to say anything? I know if I was in that case, I'd be telling people after that happened, hell my parents would have told anyone that was listening. I wonder how that conversation goes.
Recruiting rules prevent SU from making any comment about a specific player, so I assume a silent verbal has to be at the player's request. Star players like to hold announcement ceremonies at their schools, which they want to defer until after the state playoffs are over. Others might want to wait until their families are together over the holidays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom