Georgetown loses two players | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Georgetown loses two players

No word yet on the other two players with restraining orders against them? Wonder if that decision will wait until second semester when the alleged victim is back on campus. Good way to keep them on the team for another few games.

I don't want to take pleasure in this, but the way Casual Hoya talks about our players who have been involved in minor brushes with the law...this couldn't have happened to a worse fan base. Screw them and screw Ewing for endangering students at Georgetown by bringing criminals to campus.

Screw their 1996 message board too. Holy time machine.

Especially with the "not members of the team" as part of the statement. The usual line is"great team mates, wish them well, etc."

Something unusual is going on.

Some kind of rules or conduct violation is my guess. Unless they failed their first semester and are ineligible. Nothing in the statement said they were not welcome back next year. When we have seen that it's either a violation of team rules (e.g., drug test, underage drinking, etc.) or it's academic (e.g., Shy Cullen).

No way we should lose to a team that has 7 scholarship players, we need this game for a resume builder, would be a really bad loss all things considered.

That’s a shame.
Almost thought Ewing was gonna land this thing.

iu

After they lost the first 2 players, they circled the wagons and thrashed OSU. 2 more gone might be too much to deal with. but who can predict these things. SU just needs to continue the surge from the G'tech game and not worry about the Hoyas travails.

After they lost the first 2 players, they circled the wagons and thrashed OSU. 2 more gone might be too much to deal with. but who can predict these things. SU just needs to continue the surge from the G'tech game and not worry about the Hoyas travails.
Yes. Against OSU and SMU, they started 3 guards (6-2 or 6-3) plus 6-8 SF Picket and 7-0 Yurtseven. Two of their four bench players were the guys who just left. The other two are a guard and 6-11 Qudus Wahab. Lets hope that our big guys are healthy and play aggressively, or else we could see a repeat of the Iowa game.

Yes. Against OSU and SMU, they started 3 guards (6-2 or 6-3) plus 6-8 SF Picket and 7-0 Yurtseven. Two of their four bench players were the guys who just left. The other two are a guard and 6-11 Qudus Wahab. Lets hope that our big guys are healthy and play aggressively, or else we could see a repeat of the Iowa game.
Have to try to get Yurt in foul trouble. At least that's what I would do.

I don't think he'll have difficulty getting into foul trouble
I know that if he played for the Orange, they would call fouls on him just for breathing on people.

They have 11 guys who were averaging 10+ minutes per game so they still have 7 of them. Teams either come together or come apart in these situations. Weren't we down to 7 scholarship guys when we went to the Sweet 16?

Isn’t losing their PG Akinjo a big blow?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom