Georgetown (sucks) pulling a Yukon tonight | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Georgetown (sucks) pulling a Yukon tonight

JT3 used his last timeout with 14 seconds left. Inbounds pass immediately stolen after GTown takes the time to draw up a play. Just awful coaching.
First of all I am no GTown fan but all JTIII can do is draw up the play. The players on the floor have to execute. For years I have wondered how GTown won all those games with thugs and street style players. Many games I felt the difference between winning & losing was JTIII. I think the collapse of the Big East is a larger factor in the disappearance of GTown basketball. They were bullies in a big time conference and now nobody cares.

I went all in on Uconn. Hedged my spread pick with my money line pick before stations closed. If these . . . . . s don't cover and win I will run out on the court during one of their games and take a dump on their logo. When I stop posting and it hits the news. You'll know who it is.

Was drunk then and drunker now, but I hedged my losses today (which were horrible, thank you Florida and Georgia) and had to make a sizable withdrawal to put a big ML bet on UCONN. They didn't cover to help some late parlays but the win broke me even for the day.

My wife went to Elon and we're going when they play Georgetown on December 4th. Elon can shoot - good God, come on Phoenix.

First of all I am no GTown fan but all JTIII can do is draw up the play.
My point being that there were still 14 seconds on the clock, and Thompson used his last timeout down three. It's a much higher chance of success to get a quick two while the defense is disorganized, then call the timeout to set the defense and force a steal or make the other team pass to a weaker free throw shooter. Using his last timeout with 14 seconds left was an indication Thompson wanted to take the last shot, which down three, means the opposing defense can ignore the interior, put five guys on the perimeter, and play more help defense than they normally would. This lowers the odds of Georgetown getting an open (or even a good) shot.

Wow, our non-conference SOS outside of the Wisconsin game is going to suck. I'm convinced Georgetown and UConn are in cahoots to sabotage our seeding in March. Cahoots, I tell you!

Wow, our non-conference SOS outside of the Wisconsin game is going to suck. I'm convinced Georgetown and UConn are in cahoots to sabotage our seeding in March. Cahoots, I tell you!

That was starting to occur to me also. It's looking like anything outside of Wisconsin might go down as a bad loss.

yup. Gives Gottleib all the ammo he needs.

And puts lots of unneeded and extra pressure on us to win those games. as MSOrange points out - they are officially bad losses if we lose.

Thats what kind of sucks to schedule St Johns (to a lesser extent - they arent hated), Gtown, and Uconn every year. We are going to have to root for them to stay relevant.

yup. Gives Gottleib all the ammo he needs.

And puts lots of unneeded and extra pressure on us to win those games. as MSOrange points out - they are officially bad losses if we lose.

Thats what kind of sucks to schedule St Johns (to a lesser extent - they arent hated), Gtown, and Uconn every year. We are going to have to root for them to stay relevant.

If Gtown, ST. John's and Uconn are going to suck then we should hook up with Nova for a permanent annual game alternating home and away then we should play one of the other three at MSG every year and be done with it.

I lifted the below list from the Hoya board. Arkansas State was a very weak opponent.

1. Ark St never trailed.

2. Ark St had 2% chance of winning according to KenPom. Biggest upset this season in all of college basketball.

3. GU 22-23 point favorites depending on source.

4. GU trailed by as much as 23

5. 1-2, Georgetown's record at McD since 09-10. Lost to ODU in 09.

6. Double digit lead for more than 75% of the game by Ark St.

7. Ark St projected to finish 10 of 12 in Sun Belt.

8. 274 was Ark St's KenPom rating going into the game which jumped to 235 after win.

9. For second straight year, GU loses to one bid conference at home (Radford).

10. Since FF, GU has 10 losses against traditional mid to low major teams. Davidson (08), ODU (09), OU (10), VCU (11), FGCU (13), Northeastern (13), Radford (15), Monmouth (15), UNC-Asheville (15), Ark St (16)

11. 287 days since Ark St beat a D-1 program (South Alabama).

12. Ark St made one NCAA tournament in 1999.

13. BE has four losses this season as a conference. Two belong to GU.

14. Ark St. 1-0 all time against GU.

I lifted the below list from the Hoya board. Arkansas State was a very weak opponent.

1. Ark St never trailed.

2. Ark St had 2% chance of winning according to KenPom. Biggest upset this season in all of college basketball.

3. GU 22-23 point favorites depending on source.

4. GU trailed by as much as 23

5. 1-2, Georgetown's record at McD since 09-10. Lost to ODU in 09.

6. Double digit lead for more than 75% of the game by Ark St.

7. Ark St projected to finish 10 of 12 in Sun Belt.

8. 274 was Ark St's KenPom rating going into the game which jumped to 235 after win.

9. For second straight year, GU loses to one bid conference at home (Radford).

10. Since FF, GU has 10 losses against traditional mid to low major teams. Davidson (08), ODU (09), OU (10), VCU (11), FGCU (13), Northeastern (13), Radford (15), Monmouth (15), UNC-Asheville (15), Ark St (16)

11. 287 days since Ark St beat a D-1 program (South Alabama).

12. Ark St made one NCAA tournament in 1999.

13. BE has four losses this season as a conference. Two belong to GU.

14. Ark St. 1-0 all time against GU.

15. The Big East has just kicked Georgetown out and has asked Arkansas State to join.

Not when we're going to win every game this year.