Georgia HS Football recruiting - check this out | Syracusefan.com

Georgia HS Football recruiting - check this out

It's why Kirby will be able to create a beast and Collins may be able to jump GT a couple notches rather quickly. All they have to do is grab the in state kids and you have a strong foundation of your class every season.

Wonder what NY is at? Maybe 100? And of those 100 maybe 40 at P5 schools? Thinking about 8-10 per year. Am I way off?

Georgia Tech has a really good chance to elevate it's recruiting profile. I expect them to be top 25 from here on out. Collins has put together a solid staff and obviously the talent is there. Tough academic standards, but they could use that to their advantage as well.

Think about this, the last 4 NCAA Title games featured a team that had a QB from GA as a starter. Watson 2x, Fromm and now Lawrence. The list of names in the NFL is pretty damn good for guys who came from GA high school ball, still active are guys like:

Justin Houston
Eric Berry
Cam Newton
Thomas Davis
Antoine Bathea
Demayrius Thomas
Cam Heyward
Bruce Irvin
Darius Slay
Isaiah Crowell
Alvin Kamara
Tyreek Hill
Vic Beasley
Grady Jarrett
Nick & Bradley Chubb

The list goes on. For a roster breakdown:

Alabama 6 from GA
Clemson 20 from GA
Oklahoma 1 from GA
Notre Dame 6 from GA
UGA 91 from GA
LSU 3 from GA
Kentucky 11 from GA
Syracuse 5 from GA
U of Florida 7 from GA
Auburn 28 from GA
OSU 2 from GA

Tons of talent here.

How is GaTech so mediocre every year?

They may be mediocre but they have actually won a national title more recently than us and more importantly down here UGA. They have also put out their fair share of talent over the years.

My high school senior year

-Paul Oliver 5 star - UGA - RIP
-Jason Evans - 4 star - originally committed to Penn St, i convinced him that was bad idea, he switched to stanford
-Jon Abbate - 3 star - Wake (5th quarter 'fame')
- Tim Cesa - 3 star - Maryland
- Scott Linehan - 3 star - UNC

Plenty of Wofford type kids

Jr class
James Case - 2 star - Miami OH (Bachlorette fame also best friends with Sean McVay)
Justin Boyle - 2 or 3 star - Duke

My biggest regret in my sports life is moving to Atl and deciding to focus on Basketball. The QB job was basically between me and 1 other kid freshmen year. basketball didnt even pan out for me or our entire class lol. Not saying football would have, but hate the fact that i dont know.

Oh and that Justin Fields kid graduated last year

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom