Georgia Tech's Johnson rips about ACC schedule | Syracusefan.com

Georgia Tech's Johnson rips about ACC schedule

Maybe teams can request one after the GT game as well so they can try and heal up from the LBIs suffered from the cut blocks

Made me wonder too if the schedule quirks weren't an all too subtle message.

Made me wonder too if the schedule quirks weren't an all too subtle message.
"alright guys, we cant accommodate everyone of you but lets see what we can do. ok, Miami, you might be really good this year, we will give you 1, but we are going to sneak it in as a Thursday so youre on tv and give you both the week off leading up to it. Clemson, you just won the NC, you get it...and to make sure nobody thinks this is odd...lets give it to BC, no wake."

F johnson, we had the same kinda team off bye situation a few times. Geeez, i despise the guy. Doeren and johnson are the edsall and shiano of the ACC.

Oh boo hoo. Try having to play the 3 best programs in the conference every year like we, BC, Nc State and Wake have to. BC gets VTech every year as their permanent rival, no less. Johnson can go F off complaining about bye weeks when the schedule they get every year is far weaker than other conference members...

I honestly can't see how Johnson recruits anyone. He displays zero personality in every interview I've seen and just seems miserable in general. He must be different behind the scenes when he's recruiting.

The only teams getting screwed are the five in the same division as Clemson and Florida State.

Why the conference hasn't decided to re-arrange divisions every 1-3 years I'll never understand.

Hopefully the refs are coming off a bye too so they can scout the cutblocks that Ga. Tech Masters at.

The only teams getting screwed are the five in the same division as Clemson and Florida State.

Why the conference hasn't decided to re-arrange divisions every 1-3 years I'll never understand.
I don't know if it would happen, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Greensboro had Louavul and VPI swap places.

Clemson and FSU affirmatively want to play each other. I guess Dabo and Jimbo either changed their minds or someone made up the comments that they wanted to be in different divisions.

I don't know if it would happen, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Greensboro had Louavul and VPI swap places.

Clemson and FSU affirmatively want to play each other. I guess Dabo and Jimbo either changed their minds or someone made up the comments that they wanted to be in different divisions.
Clemson and FSU don't have to be in the same division to play each other annually.

What is the purpose of divisions?

Clemson and FSU don't have to be in the same division to play each other annually.

What is the purpose of divisions?
To comply with wording of the current NCAA rule which allow$ the ACC to have a champion$hip game, we mu$t have two division$ of an equal number of team$ and play a round-robin $chedule within the division$.

To comply with wording of the current NCAA rule which allow$ the ACC to have a champion$hip game, we mu$t have two division$ of an equal number of team$ and play a round-robin $chedule within the division$.
But why does each division have to be the same seven teams year after year?

But why does each division have to be the same seven teams year after year?
You're 100% right. There's nothing in the rule that says you have to keep the same membership from one year to the next. That fact is worked into Alsac's 4-3 rotation proposal. The main point that would need to be worked out is the need for a bunch of games to take place every year. Greensboro would just rather not have to deal with accommodating that on a yearly basis. That's why the Louavul-VPI swap would be the most likely to happen (it gets the probability all up to "not very likely"), it steps on the least number of toes.

You're 100% right. There's nothing in the rule that says you have to keep the same membership from one year to the next. That fact is worked into Alsac's 4-3 rotation proposal. The main point that would need to be worked out is the need for a bunch of games to take place every year. Greensboro would just rather not have to deal with accommodating that on a yearly basis. That's why the Louavul-VPI swap would be the most likely to happen (it gets the probability all up to "not very likely"), it steps on the least number of toes.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see his team host cross-divisional teams (our old Big East foes Miami and Virginia Tech come to mind) more than once a decade or so.

Doesn't navy and army usethe same scheme? They don't chop block or do they get a pass because they are service academies. I'm just curious.

No one in the Coastal should complain about their schedule.

Especially in the season when Wake at home is their non repeating crossover game.

That said, I love guys like Johnson, Leach, etc.. They just leave it all out there. They make me laugh.

Doesn't navy and army usethe same scheme? They don't chop block or do they get a pass because they are service academies. I'm just curious.

All triple option/wishbone teams cut block but GT has perfected the art of chop blocking without drawing flags.

I'll never forget the flagrant chop block that injured John Raymon that wasn't even called. Kind of like the old G'town strategy...that won't call them all.

All triple option/wishbone teams cut block but GT has perfected the art of chop blocking without drawing flags.

I'll never forget the flagrant chop block that injured John Raymon that wasn't even called. Kind of like the old G'town strategy...that won't call them all.
Steven said that injury really screwed Raymon over. I absolutely HATE chop/cut blocking and would take a ball bat to the knees of any OL that I could.

No one in the Coastal should complain about their schedule.

Especially in the season when Wake at home is their non repeating crossover game.

That said, I love guys like Johnson, Leach, etc.. They just leave it all out there. They make me laugh.

Leach is funny and candid. Johnson is just a whiner with no personality that coaches his Oline to fire off the ball at defensive knees.