Georgia's locker room has a DJ booth | Syracusefan.com

Georgia's locker room has a DJ booth

Georgia: Turning 5 star recruits into 3 star performers

I don't know. Take one cheap shot on Aaron Murray away and Mark Richt may have a 'chip and be an untouchable coach at a five star school...

Makes me wonder how much idle time players spend in locker rooms?:rolleyes:

I know I am getting older but I do recall a time when locker rooms were for gearing up, storing personal items, final game speeches, halftime adjustments, and showering. After big wins we would be pumped and celebrate a bit, but the real celebrations were afterwards. Yes, we usually had music playing pre/post games, but the locker room was not the place for hanging around or for partying.

I am getting old. I see this mentality as a potential precursor to PedState and Baylor type incidences. Oy vey!

I know a Georgia football player and asked him about this over the weekend. He said they just put it in and he hadn't seen it yet since they are off for the month of May. He said he didn't know when they'd ever use it but then said "it's all about impressing recruits".

Even he saw the ridiculousness of this expense.

Florange44

Just take the DJ that was/is in the student section and put him in the locker room if you think that'll do the trick. Put in a barber chair too to appease the millennials. Suddenly SU's locker room would be trend setting.

Just take the DJ that was/is in the student section and put him in the locker room if you think that'll do the trick. Put in a barber chair too to appease the millennials. Suddenly SU's locker room would be trend setting.
you mean DJ Maestro?

The barber shop is a big deal. Anyone who underestimates that is crazy. If we don't have one, that should be done asap.

These schools have unlimited money from boosters, it's an arms race. They probably have a team of people they pay to figure out trendy things to do with the money to lure in football/basketball recruits.

When I was 17 - I'll admit it - this kind of stuff would have seemed awesome to me. When I first saw the Carrier Dome - I thought it was about the coolest thing I'd ever seen. All this stuff is ridiculous - but at 17, it all seems incredible.

It's goofy, but it's an arms race. Georgia's been pretty low key on the facility stuff (just now got an indoor facility), but Kirby's competing with the Bamas and Clemsons of the world and it's not getting any easier.
They do have a player that raps and records songs, if you're into that kind of thing. RB Sony Michel records under flyguy2stackz

On the playlist:

Even the Losers (Tom Petty)
Second Best (Barenaked Ladies)
I Can't Win (Chris Brown)
Sweet Home Alabama (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
Loser (Beck)
Just an Illusion (Imagination)
Nothing Here (Jim Sturgess)

Take the virtual tour of Manley. We have a barber chair in the locker room. It's between the two shower rooms.
Syracuse

Take the virtual tour of Manley. We have a barber chair in the locker room. It's between the two shower rooms.
Syracuse

Thanks for posting that link. I killed about 25 minutes of my work day on that tour. More impressive than I realized we had in Manley but still some opportunities for improvement.

I have to think the Ole Miss and Alabama locker rooms have multiple stripper poles and a t-shirt cannon that shoots out money.

If that's his name, I had no idea.
I only remember DJ Marty Rounds who used to battle the Sour Citrus Society for "air time" back in the mid-nineties

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=News-Notes--Quotes--May-23-2017

- Arkansas’ renovated locker room won’t be available in 2017, but they’re preparing it in case game technology becomes permitted by the NCAA.

In early 2016, the NCAA rules panel approved the use of electronic coaching devices in the press box and locker room. That was later delayed and then killed. But it still might be the future, and Arkansas is preparing. Bret Bielema once called the idea “a game-changer.”

"They had rules where they were going to let you use more technology and video at halftime,” Bielema told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. "That rule got vetoed recently. No technology can be used in your locker room. But we are still going to wire it for it. That might change down the line.

"We know that we are going to have a state of the art locker room. One thing we are planning for, how to utilize it for recruiting as far as getting tape of the celebrations. What we've had was so tight as far as the space, we couldn't have crews in there taping in the past. That will happen going forward in how we will set it up. As far as the exact amenities, we are still finalizing plans. Some things we just haven't gotten to yet. We are checking to see what all is out there. We will have everything."

I only remember DJ Marty Rounds who used to battle the Sour Citrus Society for "air time" back in the mid-nineties

Was that the same Marty who DJed at the Sing-along Saloon in the 90's!?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom