Get to know Liberty, Syracuse football’s next opponent | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Get to know Liberty, Syracuse football’s next opponent

I appreciate their optimism, but this is turning out to be a huge mismatch. We'll already have an advantage on the LOS against a middling not-anymore-FCS school, but without the majority of their starting wideouts and a defense that gave up nearly 40ppg to FCS schools last year... I just don't see how this is going to be close.

You and your “facts”

They have belief.

They have zero basis for it, but they have it.

Can't blame them for feeling like they could upset us, even in some of our bad years we still had games we thought we could win against Top 25 opponents etc. Now I think some of their information about the team is off but again I can't blame them for being optimistic. It appears from Freeze's PC from earlier in the week that Liberty is dealing with some major injury issues at safety and WR and it appears a few guys are unlikely to play with 1 or 2 already ruled out. Have to think the safety aspect could really be huge for us.

I appreciate their optimism, but this is turning out to be a huge mismatch. We'll already have an advantage on the LOS against a middling not-anymore-FCS school, but without the majority of their starting wideouts and a defense that gave up nearly 40ppg to FCS schools last year... I just don't see how this is going to be close.

We are 18 point favorites which translates to a 95% chance of winning. I personally think we cover, but sometimes 95% free throw shooters miss. Anything can happen in a road night game opening weekend.

Liberty fan here. Just so we can clear it up our secondary has the major players. Depth is tight so we can’t afford to lose anyone there. WR is probably the deepest position group on the team (RB is the other). The players y’all are pointing out aren’t the most important ones. Our slot guys are the better players and obviously the go to is AGG which will be drafted this year. In short, Liberty isn’t really worried about the injuries. If we get in game injuries we could be in trouble but we are fine for now.

You and your “facts”

They have belief.

They have zero basis for it, but they have it.
They also have hope, and, according to Star Wars, rebellions are built on hope.

I would like for us to go up a few TDs early so we can see all our RBs, WRs and Welch get some play. Just curious to get that first look at all of this year’s team

Tim should help out at safety as he is eligible immediately.

That article says he won't be eligible until 2020 and that he is a walk on for this season (non-schollie)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom