Getting ready for the new season | Syracusefan.com

Getting ready for the new season

SBU72

All Conference
As I do from time to time over the offseason, I watched some of my recordings of SU games. Usually shortly after the season, I concentrate on the past year and then as time goes by start picking up radom games. This weekend it was the first 2 rounds of the 2010 NCAA (Vermont and Gonzaga). As the first game approaches, I'll watch a few more. Maybe 6OT or Jerry's owning the BET, or the 2003 NCAA. Anybody here do the same? Or what do you do to get ready for the up coming season.

This morning I watched Ryan Blackwell's jumper in OT to beat St. John's in the Big East Tournament Semi-final.
I plug in a VHS tape while I ride a stationary bike. BTW- Allan Griffin had a coming out party, Marius hit a huge 3 that should have sealed the win and Eton had 8 blocks.

Although I taped a number of games on VHS years ago, I really don't ever watch them, even though I still have an operational VHS. It would be nice to save some of the newer games since the advent of DVR, but I have not bothered to learn how to do it.

I used to record every game back in the late eighties and early nineties. I have no idea where the tapes went. I probably wore them out. One of my favorites was the MSG game against Indiana, the game where Sherman snapped the ball between his legs to a slashing Stevie in mid stride for a dunk. That team played like a well oiled machine in that game. I had a few McDonald's All American games too, Billy Owens year and Conrad's year. In that game, a young Shaq showed glimpses of what was to come, he was a monster.

I watched the Ohio State game a couple days ago. Not fun times. Though C.J. Fair is a heck of a ballplayer.

I had a DVR mishap during the Olympics; lost every SU game prior to the Georgetown game on the 8th. Disappointing. Still have a couple good ones on there, though.

I have most of the games on DVD going back about 6-7 years. I watch my favor games fairly often, when I'm house cleaning I have a game on in the background or if I want to compare a player to another or see how they have developed I will pop in a DVD. Of course when a posted writes something I complete disagree with or point something out I completely missed I pop in the DVD. I never re-watch a lost though parts of a lost yes but never a whole game and I don't even burn anymore. It is not fun to watch lose and I'm not getting paid! The games are an escape from the things that p*ss me off, and loses p*ss me off.

I watched the Ohio State game a couple days ago. Not fun times.
I still haven't watched it again since it happened. Does the reffing still appear as bad as it did at the time?

I did the same thing the other day. All I have is games from last year. I watched the St. John's game which got me really excited about MCW. I also watched both UConn games and the Louisville game at the dome.

I used to record every game back in the late eighties and early nineties. I have no idea where the tapes went. I probably wore them out. One of my favorites was the MSG game against Indiana, the game where Sherman snapped the ball between his legs to a slashing Stevie in mid stride for a dunk. That team played like a well oiled machine in that game. I had a few McDonald's All American games too, Billy Owens year and Conrad's year. In that game, a young Shaq showed glimpses of what was to come, he was a monster.

I can still here Vitale when Sherman did that. "Are you serious! Are you serious!" I can't stand Vitale but everyone once in a while he does add something to a moment.

I'd love to watch that SU/Wisky game again...wonder if it'd be online...

I still haven't watched it again since it happened. Does the reffing still appear as bad as it did at the time?

Yeah, it does. And that's not always the case with replays of games (for instance, I learned this summer that the late pass interference call in the 1998 Syracuse-Tennessee game was not the horrible travesty that it seemed at the time).

But the OSU game was a disgrace. Triche's faux charge, terrible touch foul on Scoop late, Sullinger's trip that was called a foul on Baye. We wuz robbed.

(Of course, Kris Joseph's no-show, Lenzelle Smith's fantastic performance, Dion's careless offensive play (when he wasn't picking up questionable touch fouls), and our anticipated slow start (got down 9-2 in a game we'd lose by 7) also contributed. But the officiating stood out, so much so that Raftery and Verne talked about it, a big no-no on CBS these days.)

I'd love to watch that SU/Wisky game again...wonder if it'd be online...

Try the NCAA Vault site.

I watched it right before the OSU game. We had a couple really exciting spurts. Played quite badly in the last minute (again, not so uncommon). There were times that our three guards looked to be running an offensive clinic. Their guys hit some remarkable shots. Pretty good college basketball game.

I know I have some from 1987 on VHS somewhere. Definitely the North Carolina and the Florida games. Maybe a couple more.

I bought the 87' UNC game and the 96 Georgia game on DVD from amazon. Wayyyyy over priced but I had to have them. I was a student in 96 and I fell in love with the orangemen in 87. There is a "goal tend" called on DC where he catches the ball out of the air! It was an amazing legal play that the refs had never seen before so they called it a foul!

I watched the Ohio State game a couple days ago. Not fun times. Though C.J. Fair is a heck of a ballplayer.

I had a DVR mishap during the Olympics; lost every SU game prior to the Georgetown game on the 8th. Disappointing. Still have a couple good ones on there, though.
OH that sucks. But I have to give respect to the thread... I think many of us enjoy relaxing and watching an old cuse game. I have a bunch on DVR and have seen 4 in the last 2 weeks - St. Johns, LVille at the Dome, UConn in the BET, and Wisconsin in the tourney. And CJ Fair is a heckuva player, along with BT (he was really good in the Wisconsin Game). Actually, since most of the dvr games I watched were late season, Rak was showing some signs. ... just saying...

I bought the 87' UNC game and the 96 Georgia game on DVD from amazon. Wayyyyy over priced but I had to have them. I was a student in 96 and I fell in love with the orangemen in 87. There is a "goal tend" called on DC where he catches the ball out of the air! It was an amazing legal play that the refs had never seen before so they called it a foul!
was that against UNC (JR Reid?)?

How about the Joseph dribbling fiascos near the end of the game? Do they still appear as bad? Those were killers...sigh.

As I do from time to time over the offseason, I watched some of my recordings of SU games. Usually shortly after the season, I concentrate on the past year and then as time goes by start picking up radom games. This weekend it was the first 2 rounds of the 2010 NCAA (Vermont and Gonzaga). As the first game approaches, I'll watch a few more. Maybe 6OT or Jerry's owning the BET, or the 2003 NCAA. Anybody here do the same? Or what do you do to get ready for the up coming season.

There isnt an off season in my house when it comes to college hoops. Its. 12 month a year job

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Wasn't that in the championship game against Indiana. I remember him chasing down Joe Hillman or something and literally catching the ball with two hands and then getting undercut and falling to the floor, and they called a foul on Coleman.

I have most of the games on DVD going back about 6-7 years. I watch my favor games fairly often, when I'm house cleaning I have a game on in the background or if I want to compare a player to another or see how they have developed I will pop in a DVD. Of course when a posted writes something I complete disagree with or point something out I completely missed I pop in the DVD. I never re-watch a lost though parts of a lost yes but never a whole game and I don't even burn anymore. It is not fun to watch lose and I'm not getting paid! The games are an escape from the things that p*ss me off, and loses p*ss me off.
I had the 2010 tourny in one DVD holder but only watched the first 2 games. I couldn't bare to watch the Butler game. Same as last years tourny. Won't watch the OSU game. Of course it would be nice to send it to the NCAA to point out the onesided / poor officating.

was that against UNC (JR Reid?)?

I believe you are correct, but since I'm working from home today I'm going to watch it again to double check :D

OH that sucks. But I have to give respect to the thread... I think many of us enjoy relaxing and watching an old cuse game. I have a bunch on DVR and have seen 4 in the last 2 weeks - St. Johns, LVille at the Dome, UConn in the BET, and Wisconsin in the tourney. And CJ Fair is a heckuva player, along with BT (he was really good in the Wisconsin Game). Actually, since most of the dvr games I watched were late season, Rak was showing some signs. ... just saying...
A question about DVR. Is it possible to record off a DVR feed? I am considering getting the DVR combo from TW but with on demand replay for most shows, I question the worth of it for other than sports.

Wasn't that in the championship game against Indiana. I remember him chasing down Joe Hillman or something and literally catching the ball with two hands and then getting undercut and falling to the floor, and they called a foul on Coleman.

Maybe there was a similar play in that game but I haven't seen that game since it aired...and I will never watch it again!

A question about DVR. Is it possible to record off a DVR feed? I am considering getting the DVR combo from TW but with on demand replay for most shows, I question the worth of it for other than sports.

Yes I have a DVR and a DVD recorder. I record all the games and then burn the ones I want on to a DVD.

Maybe there was a similar play in that game but I haven't seen that game since it aired...and I will never watch it again!
I hear you, but that game was great until the last few seconds.