Getting ready for the new season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Getting ready for the new season

A question about DVR. Is it possible to record off a DVR feed? I am considering getting the DVR combo from TW but with on demand replay for most shows, I question the worth of it for other than sports.

Well, I confess that I am not an audiophile. However, my understanding is that a DVR is a recording device (digital video recorder). So TW would send a cable signal, which you would program (either before or during the game) to record a selected telecast on a TW (or your own) DVR. Then you play the game back (from the DVR) whenever you want. It's basically a newer version of a VCR.

TWOD does have some, but not all, of SU sports (it has the 3d tier rights to BB and FB -- those games not broadcast by ESPN or ESPN regional). I havn't checked lately, but it does have some of the BB games on demand. ESPN also has a demand channel on TW fro ESPN broadcasts .. but many of these are just highlights (10-15 minutes).

The easiest way (for me) is to get the TW DVR, record the game, and watch it when you want to. This usually works for me -- problems do sometimes occur when the signal gets interrupted (screws up the recording) or when there isn't enough drive space to record a program.