Getting sick of fellow SU fans | Syracusefan.com

Getting sick of fellow SU fans

cuse91

Walk On
all people do on this board after loses is complain. Lydon isn't good enough to go pro. jb had a horrible coaching game. gillons offense was terrible. it's always something. I would love to see any one on this forum play better than anyone on this team or coach better than a 41 year veteran coach. I get it, we are all upset this team hasn't lived up to it's potential. and somehow we still have a chance at the tournament. if we get into the NIT then we will most likely play more games than we would in the NCAA so just enjoy the last couple games we have with this team either way. idc how bad this team is I will always remember awIII for the awesome year he had here and gillon for his heroics in big game situations. that's what I will take out of this year, not anger and how poorly we played.

all people do on this board after loses is complain. Lydon isn't good enough to go pro. jb had a horrible coaching game. gillons offense was terrible. it's always something. I would love to see any one on this forum play better than anyone on this team or coach better than a 41 year veteran coach. I get it, we are all upset this team hasn't lived up to it's potential. and somehow we still have a chance at the tournament. if we get into the NIT then we will most likely play more games than we would in the NCAA so just enjoy the last couple games we have with this team either way. idc how bad this team is I will always remember awIII for the awesome year he had here and gillon for his heroics in big game situations. that's what I will take out of this year, not anger and how poorly we played.

No offense, but the argument that fans can't be critical of coaches or players because they themselves can't outplay or outcoach them, falls flat.

Lydon has not played well down the stretch of the season and does not look like an NBA ready player. Jim Boeheim allowed Miami to slow down the tempo of the game and that likely contributed to the loss, among other things. These are valid points. Perhaps you're arguing that you'd prefer people not voice valid criticism, which is fine, but you can't argue the criticism is unwarranted.

Your right Lydon is a top 5 pick, and Jb did the best coaching job of his career, everything is great.

tumblr_lon4mtlXAT1qb4bkbo2_500.gif

Some people don't critique. They complain and trash players/coaches.
I would love to know what you consider critique and what you consider complain/trashing?

Saying JB did a bad job today and this season is a critique; proclaiming that JB should be fired is lunacy.

Saying Jb should be fired is beyond lunacy, being critical of his coaching today or this season is completely rational. Great coaches coach bad games, and have bad seasons, it happens.

You're working under the misapprehension that people can't both enjoy something and express dissatisfaction with it.

You just said yourself, "we are all upset." Why would you want or expect everyone to suppress discussion when they are upset? Having everyone on self-administred 'internet Paxil' doesn't give anyone insight on... anything.

"It's always something." Yeah. It's a 30-game season. Every game is different. If you don't expect different types of responses to the different types of play and outcomes, why visit the forum? Pick a lopsided win and let those comments serve you for the rest of the year.

Why not start a Pep Rally thread? Only rah-rah-sis-boom-bah commentary allowed.

Saying JB did a bad job today and this season is a critique; proclaiming that JB should be fired is lunacy.
Agree with this. Nobody should say he should be fired I wouldn't mind of he retired but I know it's his call.

All due respect, but what I can't stand are those fans who feel it necessary to monitor fan frustration after a tough loss, and then sanctimoniously post about it, like they're so much above the fray.
Folks are upset and venting on a message board after a tough loss? How dare they!
Note to self: stay off message boards, step away from the keyboard, and take a deep breath before entering the vortex. Just sayin'...:noidea:

Agree with this. Nobody should say he should be fired I wouldn't mind of he retired but I know it's his call.

Assuming Hopkins will do a better job is made without a single shred of evidence. The evidence points in the opposite direction so far IMO. I'm worried about our next phase and I'm thrilled with our current one.

We've overcome a lot the last few years, most of which could be blamed on our assistants just as much as our HC.

I have said this before create a post outlining how Syracuse fans should behave and when posters don't follow those rules critique them for it. Until then you can't tell fans how to behave as long as fans don't go personally after the kids they can have strong opinions.

Well we're in the tournament discussion now as opposed to two months ago when we were a dumpster fire. So that's something.

Everyone is in the discussion, have you seen the other teams out there, that isn't much of an accomplishment.

No offense, but the argument that fans can't be critical of coaches or players because they themselves can't outplay or outcoach them, falls flat.

Lydon has not played well down the stretch of the season and does not look like an NBA ready player. Jim Boeheim allowed Miami to slow down the tempo of the game and that likely contributed to the loss, among other things. These are valid points. Perhaps you're arguing that you'd prefer people not voice valid criticism, which is fine, but you can't argue the criticism is unwarranted.

I agree but there are also differences between valid criticism and childish rants. It's also annoying to watch people complain about people who complain about people. ;-)

You're working under the misapprehension that people can't both enjoy something and express dissatisfaction with it.

You just said yourself, "we are all upset." Why would you want or expect everyone to suppress discussion when they are upset? Having everyone on self-administred 'internet Paxil' doesn't give anyone insight on... anything.

"It's always something." Yeah. It's a 30-game season. Every game is different. If you don't expect different types of responses to the different types of play and outcomes, why visit the forum? Pick a lopsided win and let those comments serve you for the rest of the year.

Why not start a Pep Rally thread? Only rah-rah-sis-boom-bah commentary allowed.

that's exactly the problem, everyone here is so bipolar. bashing gillon after the first gt game forgetting he single handedly won us the nc state game.

all I'm saying is I'm jus as passionate an SU fan as anyone else on this board except I can put things in perspective of this being just a game

Losing 14 games a year is not Syracuse tradition.

Everyone is in the discussion, have you seen the other teams out there, that isn't much of an accomplishment.

It was an accomplishment to go 10-8 in this league. But yeah the overall body of work given our expectations was...A little lacking.

It was an accomplishment to go 10-8 in this league. But yeah the overall body of work given our expectations was...A little lacking.

14 losses are more than a little lacking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom