Getting some respect. | Syracusefan.com

Getting some respect.

we have the next 3 weeks to earn respect.. one slip up and its gone.. if you come out of week 4 with 3 P5 wins that says something so lets go see them do it.
Yup. All big games, but beating Virginia would put us at 2-0 in conference and 4-0, looking at 5-0 after Wagner.

One step at a time boys, one step at a time

If we keep playing like this, with our SOS, we’re going to be getting a lot of respect.
Don’t know that we have the depth to be the same team in November that we are in game 1.

NC State @ Syracuse Ranked matchup College GameDay says what?
I dreamed and looked ahead. That week has a lot of good matchups that surely would get more play than ours

NC State @ Syracuse Ranked matchup College GameDay says what?

Bama @ Tennessee
Ark @ BYU
USC @ Utah
PSU @ Michigan
Wiscy @ MSU
Clemson @ FSU

Those 6 games are our competition. Utah already has a loss. Wonder if Gameday has recently been there or BYU? Do we have to worry about them doing a combined gameday from SLC for both games?

Tennessee and FSU probably have to be undefeated and I'm not sure the 2 Big Ten games would have enough hype only week 6.

Don’t know that we have the depth to be the same team in November that we are in game 1.
Why the negativity only after one game. You must have a constant black cloud over your head.

ESPN rankings. Not sure where we started. I would imagine 60s or 70s.
Have is up to 45.
They are now projecting a W/L of 7.2-4.9
Have us ranked 7th in ACC
Have us ranked 4th in the Atlantic behind Clemson, FSU, and NC State.
There are probably 10 different web sites that publish power rankings for ACC football each week of the season. We were pretty universally ranked 12th before the season started, only ahead of Duke and Georgia Tech.

Assuming Georgia Tech loses to Clemson tonight, this is how I think most of the rankings will go….

1. Clemson - Will remain the king until they lose a game
2. NC State - Voters will ignore how awful NC State looked on offense for a while longer
3. Miami - The annual irrational love for the program that always disappoints continues.
4. Pitt - Pitt didn’t look good either but will also get the benefit of the doubt for now
5. Wake Forest - Another ranking based on last season. They at least looked good last weekend.
6. Florida State - Irrational love coupled with a win over an LSU program not as good as people think.
7. UNC - Another program perennially overrated. Their defense is truly awful right now.
8. Syracuse - No one wants to put us this high but who else can you put here?
9. Virginia - I can’t see UVa getting ranked ahead of us but never underestimate the boneheaded voters
10. Louisville - They were so overranked to start that it will be hard to drop further. Weak bottom 6 in ACC
11. Boston College - It doesn’t get much worse that losing to Rutgers at home w/ their starting QB out
12. Virginia Tech - Very lucky to be rated this highly based on talent, coaching and performance.
13. Duke - I would put Virginia Tech here but people love to overrate that program as well.
14. Georgia Tech - They started low and will finish low.

Some might rank us 7th. I don’t see many ranking us higher than that.

Why the negativity only after one game. You must have a constant black cloud over your head.
We’re not a deep team. Never have been. Need some luck and game 1 did us no favors. Just reality son.