getting to the median on offense | Syracusefan.com

getting to the median on offense

Millhouse

Living Legend
I don't care how we do against non AQ schools. we should beat them and I don't care how much we beat them by compared to other schools.

let's just look at how teams do against AQ schools.

2009 overall avg ypg against AQ = 337. We had 324. Only need a 4% increase to get to 60th (thanks to mike williams)
2010 overall = 358. us = 299. you need 20% improvement to get to average.
2011 overall = 370. us =308. again you need 20% improvement.

that's just to get to 60th. please note, i'm not talking about lighting it up and being in the top 10, spare me the straw men. I'm talking about getting to run of the mill.

Like I said, my water mark is 45-50, slightly above average, which will help the entire defense, balance. I don't see consistency until we get there.

Like I said, my water mark is 45-50, slightly above average, which will help the entire defense, balance. I don't see consistency until we get there.
to get to 45th you'd need 22%, 33%, and 37% improvements in 2009,2010,2011 respectively in AQ games.

we are so far away it's unbelievable.

people here need to talk it down when we get 350 yards, think about baseball, grandma, whatever they have to do

You look back at the rutgers game.. We gained 300 yds.. We cant make a first down on 3rd and short, we still drop 2-3 fd passes a game, and we we turned it over for no reason several times.. Thats easily 50-75 yds more even if we just make those 4-5 more first downs..

This is the same thing every game.. We have 2-3 drives we go 75 yds and 5-7 we go no where.. What we lack is the easy drives 2-3 play 70 yd scores, 1 play scores, just one of those a game, one big play and the numbers jump. We have been lacking that for so long its almost hard to believe it doesnt happen by luck we find someone.

We finally got the D to score and they could have scored 2-3 times. It could have been 14-21 pts caused the by the D and we turned it into 7..

When you dont have play makers the mistakes are magnified. A missed block, a penalty, a dropped pass, an over throw.. The plays are there to be had.

You look back at the rutgers game.. We gained 300 yds.. We cant make a first down on 3rd and short, we still drop 2-3 fd passes a game, and we we turned it over for no reason several times.. Thats easily 50-75 yds more even if we just make those 4-5 more first downs..

This is the same thing every game.. We have 2-3 drives we go 75 yds and 5-7 we go no where.. What we lack is the easy drives 2-3 play 70 yd scores, 1 play scores, just one of those a game, one big play and the numbers jump. We have been lacking that for so long its almost hard to believe it doesnt happen by luck we find someone.

We finally got the D to score and they could have scored 2-3 times. It could have been 14-21 pts caused the by the D and we turned it into 7..

When you dont have play makers the mistakes are magnified. A missed block, a penalty, a dropped pass, an over throw.. The plays are there to be had.
how far below the median would we need to be for you to abandon your perennial bad luck explanation for everything?

Your comparing our averages, minus non-AQ teams. You then compare those to averages of other teams around the country whose averages DO include their non-AQ opponents. Is this correct?

Your comparing our averages, minus non-AQ teams. You then compare those to averages of other teams around the country whose averages DO include their non-AQ opponents. Is this correct?
i used to do that out of laziness until someone here pointed me to cfbstats.com that site rules. slices and dices a million ways. i'm actually comparing to other teams AQ only averages. last year, i got beat up for the lazier approach (which still didn't change much)

I don't care how we do against non AQ schools. we should beat them and I don't care how much we beat them by compared to other schools.

let's just look at how teams do against AQ schools.

2009 overall avg ypg against AQ = 337. We had 324. Only need a 4% increase to get to 60th (thanks to mike williams)
2010 overall = 358. us = 299. you need 20% improvement to get to average.
2011 overall = 370. us =308. again you need 20% improvement.

that's just to get to 60th. please note, i'm not talking about lighting it up and being in the top 10, spare me the straw men. I'm talking about getting to run of the mill.

Complete 2 deep passes per game and we're at 400. Done.

i used to do that out of laziness until someone here pointed me to cfbstats.com that site rules. slices and dices a million ways. i'm actually comparing to other teams AQ only averages. last year, i got beat up for the lazier approach (which still didn't change much)

Thanks - wasn't completely sure. That's why I asked the question.

how far below the median would we need to be for you to abandon your perennial bad luck explanation for everything?

I dont think i blamed this on bad luck.. I blamed it on lack of execution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom