Getting WAY ahead of myself but could you imagine this starting 5? | Syracusefan.com

Getting WAY ahead of myself but could you imagine this starting 5?

armory

All American
PG - Michael Carter-Williams
SG - Trevor Cooney
SF - Jerami Grant
PF - DaJuan Coleman
C - Nerlens Noel

That's like '89-esque type talent. Yeah, i went there.

That would be a very balanced set on offense IMO:

MCW - distributor / floor general
TC - long range bomber / can't double off of him
JG - slasher / off rebounding putbacks
DC2 - pound it inside post-up / N/A (no backup plan required)
NN - alley oop recipient / off rebounding putbacks / TBD?

I do wonder about FT shooting: DC2? MCW? Those guys might get to the line most often and I'm not knowledgable RE: their %'s.

Perhaps the most intriguing prospect to me is NN. By all accounts he will be terribly disruptive on D; assuming he can develop the footwork and hands required for a cache of post moves... yikes. Hope he comes here.

DC will not b here w Noels imho

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

That would be a very balanced set on offense IMO:

MCW - distributor / floor general
TC - long range bomber / can't double off of him
JG - slasher / off rebounding putbacks
DC2 - pound it inside post-up / N/A (no backup plan required)
NN - alley oop recipient / off rebounding putbacks / TBD?

I do wonder about FT shooting: DC2? MCW? Those guys might get to the line most often and I'm not knowledgable RE: their %'s.

Perhaps the most intriguing prospect to me is NN. By all accounts he will be terribly disruptive on D; assuming he can develop the footwork and hands required for a cache of post moves... yikes. Hope he comes here.

I think it is a little early to worry about bad FT shooting. For that matter, we always seem to have bad FT shooting. I wouldn't mind that if we had a dynamic lineup like that to watch between ugly FT attempts! ;)

MCW is a closer. High 80's percentage wise from the stripe.

I remember DC2 being in the low 60's but could be wrong on that one.

It's fun to speculate, but I try not to get too juiced about kids until they make it to college and start playing in conference games. Lots of guys look (or sound) great in high school but the talent doesn't translate to the college level. Or their skill type doesn;t really fit with what we do or who their teammates are. And some kids have an extra gear and can step up their game as the competition gets tougher.

I dunno, I think the Julius Hodge/Mark Konecny/Craig Forth/Josh Pace/Billy Edelin starting five would be better.

DC will not b here w Noels imho

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

He might not be "here," but I strongly doubt that DC2 is a legitimate one-and-done.

try convincing 80-90 % of the board this.

Very true an yet I let myself get sucked in over and over again. That being said I believe that MCW is going to be something special we just may not really see it until next season.

I also will say that Nerlens Noel is an immediate impact player when he hits college.