Giancarlo Stanton | Syracusefan.com

Giancarlo Stanton

MSOrange

2020 Cali Award Winner, Regular Season Record
So Giancarlo hit his 50th HR today and I think I read he is on pace for 63. We've had this debate on here before in various forms, but if he hits at least 62, will you consider him the "unofficial" HR champion for a single season?

I will. I know that whole steroids era is a mess, because you don't know really who was using and who wasn't, pitchers included. But McGwire already admitted it, Bonds was obvious during his 72 homer year and I think Sosa was using also.

Absolutely. What he's doing is incredible.

Bonds has the record. Stanton could be on something too.

Sure Stanton could be. But I'm more confident that he's not now that they at least have some testing.

its crazy what they did to the baseball to create all these home runs.. the fact that 2 baseballs can be hit with the same exact same amount of force and go 50 ft different in distance is kinda wacked..

Sure Stanton could be. But I'm more confident that he's not now that they at least have some testing.
I won't bother trying to figure it out. I will just call the guy I watched hit 73 home runs (many were probably hit off of pitchers using PEDs) the record holder.

The ball is clearly juiced up this year so it lacks any real merit anyway. It's an era dependent record that has also always been influenced by baseball policy (no blacks, expansion, steroid rules, juicing balls like 1987). It's bonds record for that reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom