Giants Fans HATING the Pugh Pick | Syracusefan.com

Giants Fans HATING the Pugh Pick

The voting has more fans approving than disapproving as of right now.

The commenters hate it... Because everyone loves to bitch on the Internet.

Lol, people that do this for a living (2 Super Bowls in 5 years) or an idiot. Hmmmm.

Reese is a better evaluator of talent than Vinny from Bayonne.

Just like Marrone & Nix are better evaluators of talent than Jim from Cicero?

The voting has more fans approving than disapproving as of right now.

The commenters hate it... Because everyone loves to bitch on the Internet.

It's Big Blue View. Everybody hates everything. :)

Heres the thing about fan bases regarding the draft: 99% of who fans "wanted" are just guys they here the media talking about, or were a name on a nationally recognized team, or read about on someones mock draft. Even though front offices often times mess up, I trust the people who get paid to do this sort of thing much more than random Joe Blow who really wanted someone because Mel Kiper has been talking about him for the past week.

I bet that for a large percentage of Giants fans, the only thing they know about Justin Pugh is the 5 minutes he gets on T.V. after he is announced. I just think that its funny that fans love to deride the mock draft media, yet shape their whole impression of who is good and who is bad based on it.

Just like Marrone & Nix are better evaluators of talent than Jim from Cicero?

Ha, good point. Jim from Cicero though, in all fairness, is a great talent evaluator. Personally though I see Manuel as an ok football player but a great numbers/combine guy. I see Pugh the opposite. My own bias is that these NFL guys get too caught up in numbers. Even despite all the hindenburgs to have happenede.

This Giant fan likes this pick. The OLB that would be a bigger need was taken the pick prior to the Gints at #19. I think the Gints then took another need with a talented player. Forget the small arm talk, Pugh is athletic, versatile and gives the Gints flexibility to put him in multiple positions on the line if needed. Many of the Gint OL play different positions and Pugh offers this versatility. This is a good pick, not splashy but if we want Eli protected, lanes for RBs this is good. Now time to get a LB in round 2.

I'm just happy to see my team end up with another SU guy, and to see Pugh go so high. Win/win.

who helped Pugh put the hat on his head? i didn't see but i assume he can't reach that high what with his little alligator arms
images

This Giants fan is happy with Pugh. Good man, good lineman, works hard, plays hard. He will win fans over by his work ethic. The Jets are the team for flash and show, the Giants are the team that simply pull on their helmets and get the job done.

Yeah the large majority of NFL fans are idiots who have no idea about anything related to the college game, aside from the big stars. Like that idiot Jets fan who kept saying "who are you?" incredulously when they drafted Sheldon Richardson. Umm, who is he?? If you need to ask, maybe you should just keep your mouth shut before you look like an idiot.

I'm a die hard Giants fan, have been for a long time. I really like the pick. We've had depth problems on the line for a number of years and Pugh provides a ton of versatility. Not to mention, he's a pretty Fluckin good player. I wouldn't have minded Ogletree here but I'll take this pick in a heartbeat.

Also I'm somewhat bias.

Please, though, for all that is holy I do not want T'eo in a Giants jersey.

Fans never like taking faceless, anonymous offensive linemen. But skill position players are worthless if you don't win the line of scrimmage up front.

As a big Giants fan I'm thrilled we got this guy. Eli is not the best scrambler. The Giants have been one of the worst rushing teams the past few years. I've been yelling at the TV every year for the Giants to take an Olineman in the 1st-2nd round for the past few years. I was pleasantly surprised they took Pugh at 19. Great pick that will help them in a position of need for years to come.

TC and the GMen office seems to be pretty solid at evaluating O and D Linemen. Im cool with it

Not even a Giants fan, but why would anyone second guess Reese at this point? Dude is money in the draft.

the only ones second guessing Reese are the small subset of Gints fans that are really also Rutgers fans...

Like this pick as a Giants fan and very happy for Justin. Saw him at Manley on Tuesday and you could tell he's just loving life.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom