Girard | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Girard

We shot bad because a bigger, stronger, faster, more athletic team was dogging us and overplaying everything and we couldn’t get good shots. They were able to play us this way defensively because they know we have no post scoring and nobody that can drive by them and make anything happen.

Sidibe has some post moves, but the offense we run necessitates him out for screens and, for whatever reason, we don't design for him to post up.

Watched the Kansas vs. Dayton game, Azubuike was consistently posting up where a soft hook shot was all he needed. With the shooters on this team, it should not be hard to get Sidibe to post 1 on 1 with deep position.

But, it is an ISO offense. With no dribble penetration. And below average screeners across the board.

Recruiting for the zone has ruined the offense. And emphasis on the zone and slowing the game down has ruined the fast break, dunks all over the place offense when Syracuse was at its best.

You've probably seen more than I have and I'm reacting too early to a bad game all around.

I just worry the foot speed is inadequate to get by the Tre Jones of the world.
what pt guard can get by tre jones? He is near the bottom of the list of our troubles.

Yeah, I'm not seeing it. He's not a point guard that will excel against good defenders. JB literally took the ball out of his hand to have Hughes bring the ball up. He's very active in the zone, but too short to truly bother decent shooters. And he missed a bunch of shots tonight that a really good shooter should hit.

Hope he proves me wrong, but he's not the future for this team.

Even though he had a bad game, he had 9 assists and only 5 turnovers. Had a couple steals, too, IIRC and hit all his foul shots.

Right? He’s arguably been our second best player. Marek doesn’t score enough and Girard does more than Buddy.
People here just look for scapegoats on a play by play basis. Girard’s got stones and talent, I’m glad he’s taking a lead role already. He’s a gamer and we rarely recruit those anymore.

what pt guard can get by tre jones? He is near the bottom of the list of our troubles.
With a guy like Jones that gets all up in your business, there's really only one thing you can do.

Give him persistent and relentless purple nurples.

I learned that from Wooden.

Girard is not the problem.
The problem is the minimal impact of our 4 and 5 spots.
Zero inside presence, offensively and defensively.
Can't beat physical teams with this glaring weakness.

Girard isn't the only problem. It's unfair to put undue blame / stress on him. However he isn't helping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom