Girard | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Girard

While all this is true, I see absolutely no reason why Symir can’t come in for 15 mins a game to improve our perimeter D and improve ball movement on offense. He played well last night and at times had the IU d on their heels.
I think we need a couple of minutes each game with Joe and Symir together. Buddy needs some rest especially when he starts getting frustrated.

While all this is true, I see absolutely no reason why Symir can’t come in for 15 mins a game to improve our perimeter D and improve ball movement on offense. He played well last night and at times had the IU d on their heels.
Symir being pulled over that non-foul was not fair. He was driving well and finishing, even if the score was called off. I would like to see a smaller line-up of Buddy at the 3 especially if Cole is cold with Joe and Symir being the guards on defense.

Symir being pulled over that non-foul was not fair. He was driving well and finishing, even if the score was called off. I would like to see a smaller line-up of Buddy at the 3 especially if Cole is cold with Joe and Symir being the guards on defense.
I'd like to see Symir start at PG - he's very quick with a good handle - he actually looks like he could develop if he gained confidence

I'd like to see Symir start at PG - he's very quick with a good handle - he actually looks like he could develop if he gained confidence
His handle can be better than Joe's but it's not a great handle. He dribbles too high, and loves to go right. I don't know if he needs to start, but more minutes would be good.

I know he’s not many fans favorite player. I know he’s not a point guard. I know he’s not Gmac, but he’s in a lot better shape and shooting the ball ridiculously well this year.

We have to live with his shot selection, he’s going to dribble the ball off his foot at least once a game, but he’s made some significant improvements and is a better player than a lot of Syracuse fans give him credit for.
I really don't have a problem with Joe. I think he's a solid ball player. I think he takes a lot of unnecessary flak because he's being shoe-horned into 35 MPG at PG. He's not a PG and never will be. If you ask him to play a few minutes a game at PG, you don't get the turnovers bad shots etc.

He's averaging 12.6 mpg right now.
I think we benefit from him getting more minutes during regulation yesterday. Joe’s offense has been good from a scoring perspective but Symir’s a better facilitator and ball handler. Defense isn’t a competition either.

That said Joe’s had quite a year so far and deserves the props hes getting

He's turning it over at about the same rate as Girard, and is very limited offensively. It wouldn't be a good thing if he's playing more than 15-20 minutes per game.

Joe was tremendous today, wish he got the chance to shoot more in the second half. For some reason, we went away from him.
Played within the flow of the game, made some outstanding passes and limited himself to just one heat check.

And put me firmly in the camp that he plays better all around when he’s paired up with Sy, just like he did with Richmond last year.

Joe was tremendous today, wish he got the chance to shoot more in the second half. For some reason, we went away from him.
Joe’s our best shooter and no one else is close. He doesn’t get as many good looks when Smir is not on the court.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom