Give the ball to Jerome, and we win more games | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Give the ball to Jerome, and we win more games

I hate it when coaches overthink things like playcalling. Give the ball to your best playmakers. It's not that hard. Put them in positions to succeed.

I don't know who has watched any Rams games this year, but they have Tavon Austin, and they just refuse to get him the ball in spots where he can use his freakish speed.

I'll never understand it.

Last year's team was a passing team that was at it's best when we came out firing. This year's team is a running team that is at it's best when we come out running and use it to set up the pass.

I think the problem is that we typically have just the one running back back there so there is no creativity in the running game. The best we can do is to have Hunt fake the handoff and keep the ball, which we had some success with the second half. (I know we ran for 323 yards but much of that came on four plays, one of which was a fake punt and another of which was against the third string: we were not able to sustain a running offense which is why we came up empty three times in the red zone). If we had both Smith and Gulley, (or Morris or McFarlane) in the backfield at the same time, we could accomplish so much more. And we could still pull one for an extra receiver on third downs when we have to go to the air.

Also I liked the look of that fake end-around to Kobena. I hope they give it to him next time.

Look at the Jets offense with a rookie QB and no WR's against the Falcons. Even though the Falcons have a nonexistent defense I loved the way the Jets ran their offense and that's definitely an offense we could run since its predicated on utilizing multiple backs which is a strength of this team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom