Given that we will play 8-9 who should redshirt? | Syracusefan.com

Given that we will play 8-9 who should redshirt?

Gabjon

All American
Projected Starters: Carey, Boeheim, Guerrier, Hughes, Sidibe

Rotation: Girard, Goodine, Braswell, Dolezaj

Redshirt Candidates: Edwards, Ajak

Redshirting one of the center makes a lot sense. A) It separates them class wise. B) I think Dolezaj plays some center because that will allow Braswell to see the floor. If we are going to shoot a lot 3s Braswell needs to play. Edwards seems to be the most skilled but he is the one who least ready physically. Conversely Ajak is probably the strongest of the 3 centers, but needs to most development.

I don't think we will but if any I would say Ajak. The reason I don't expect it is because both Edwards and Ajak look more capable than your typical "projects" and given Sidibe's injury history we need to see him get through a whole non conference uninhibited let alone a whole season.

I figure it is 8-9 rotation but 10 guys maybe even 11 who make up that part. So far no one has clearly out themselves on the outside and only 5-6 are firmly entrenched.

one of the 2 kids has to be the next man in Cause we will have those games where all the centers foul out. Edwards looks like more upside now but who knows 3 yrs from now.

Washington wont play much, maybe, but wont RS, The next guy would be Girard for me because that would create a separation between him and Buddy as the shooter, but I dont know/think that it happens.

Ajak, big sizeable center with a good J

Braswell. I like him a lot but I'll believe he gets significant minutes this year when I see it. Guess a lot will depend on how the centers develop and can Marek limit minutes at the 5

Braswell. I like him a lot but I'll believe he gets significant minutes this year when I see it. Guess a lot will depend on how the centers develop and can Marek limit minutes at the 5
you really think Braswell is a candidate to redshirt? i would be absolutely shocked if he opted to redshirt this year after not doing so last year... i'm struggling to think of anyone in college hoops that redshirted their sophomore year when totally healthy... can't think of any off the top of my head.

Ajak or Edwards. Dolezaj will give them 5-10 mins/game at center. Sidibe should give 20-25. And one of the freshman gets the spot minutes.

Scratching my head on this one. He just threw up 15 pts and played well on D with a couple weakside blocks. Sure he is behind Hughes but he also might take some reserve minutes from Marek if he plays like he did all season.

It’s likely nobody.

The player needs to buy into it also, and JB has rarely if ever pushed somebody into considering it -
Last non-medical RS was Trevor Cooney, right?

In a perfect world, at least one of the Frosh bigs would RS this year.

Then, assuming CDB remains healthy, the other is his backup, and/or Marek also gets the remaining minutes at the 5 spot.

I'm not going to hold my breath tho.

it's a different cbb world. voluntary redshirts are extremely rare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom