Glad to see the other sports teams in the area support SU football. | Syracusefan.com

Glad to see the other sports teams in the area support SU football.

The beer fest is from 1 to 4. The Wagner game starts at 4. I know that I have plenty of time to do both. Not like there will be 40,000 at the game. Yes, it could effect those who usually tailgate at the Dome but if you let a beerfest keep you from the game then you are not much of a fan anyway.

It wont affect the diehards at all but it will the casual fan who might have gone to the game. Also I find it hard to believe after 3+ hours of non stop drinking most people are going to be in the mood to rush right up to the dome for a game they will be at least 45 minutes to an hour late for.

It wont affect the diehards at all but it will the casual fan who might have gone to the game. Also I find it hard to believe after 3+ hours of non stop drinking most people are going to be in the mood to rush right up to the dome for a game they will be at least 45 minutes to an hour late for.
I understand what you are saying but IMO part of the problem is the casual fans aren't going anyway. The old "i'll start going when they start winning" mentality. No pissing contest from me, just a difference of opinion. FWIW I've been at the Dome for nearly every game since it opened and the beerfest won't draw me away.

seriously, they couldnt have done this on the 7th, when the Orange are not only away, but at 6pm??

:crazy:

Thought the same thing, probably would have drawn at least a few thousand more like myself who wont go due to the Wagner game. Terrible move by the Chiefs.

...Also I find it hard to believe after 3+ hours of non stop drinking most people are going to be in the mood to rush right up to the dome for a game they will be at least 45 minutes to an hour late for.

Um, that sounds like a standard tailgate and we all know that SU fans show up late anyway.

Um, that sounds like a standard tailgate and we all know that SU fans show up late anyway.

That would be true if were talking about the Fine lot tailgate or Skytop etc but coming from Alliance Bank Stadium is a bit farther. Also SU fans leave early get it right.;)

seriously, they couldnt have done this on the 7th, when the Orange are not only away, but at 6pm??

:crazy:

They COULD have done it on the 7th AND brought in a big screen to show the SU game live during their beer fee, and made it a REAL Syracuse event. But as always, the Chiefs are short range thinkers.

Thought the same thing, probably would have drawn at least a few thousand more like myself who wont go due to the Wagner game. Terrible move by the Chiefs.

I know at least 6 of us that would absolutely go to the beer fest if it wasn't an SU game. terrible job

I know at least 6 of us that would absolutely go to the beer fest if it wasn't an SU game. terrible job
Same here. I also knows several people that would normally go to the game that will probably go to the beer fest instead.

Absolutely terrible and the Chiefs aren't alone business across Syracuse and even SU make beyond puzzling scheduling and marketing decisions. Someone with a marketing degree with a clue could clean up in this city. I hope someone emails the Chiefs and absolutely rips them. It would have taken all of 15 seconds to check the schedule and see that the following week would have been a perfect date to hold this event. Why not try to partner with SU and offer some sort of deal or promotion? This city is beyond frustrating at times.

There are reasons why I don't like baseball. Thanks to the Chiefs, I have another.
By the way, my beer fest will be at the Dome on Sept. 14. See ya there!

Absolutely terrible and the Chiefs aren't alone business across Syracuse and even SU make beyond puzzling scheduling and marketing decisions. Someone with a marketing degree with a clue could clean up in this city. I hope someone emails the Chiefs and absolutely rips them. It would have taken all of 15 seconds to check the schedule and see that the following week would have been a perfect date to hold this event. Why not try to partner with SU and offer some sort of deal or promotion? This city is beyond frustrating at times.
You'd never see this in Knoxville. Everyone here knows football rules all and would never do anything to compete with it. I'm not a beer drinker and I realize it would've been better for everyone to have it a week earlier.

F the chiefs ever since they were jealous of the salty dogs and held them ransom with rent I have no time for them.

With the Chiefs, I'm afraid it's a no win proposition. I was on the board of a marketing organization years ago, and we brought in the Chiefs management to speak with us. This was at the time that their stadium project was being discussed. We did a blind ballot , how many thought the stadium should be downtown by armory square, and how many thought it should be on its current site. Only ONE attendee thought that the current site was the best move for the chiefs and the city. So where does it get built? You guessed it.