Glad you guys won | Syracusefan.com

Glad you guys won

The kids played their hearts out ESP in the second half. As a fan you should feel great about their energy level and hustle. They didn't fold when down 20.

Ohhhhhhhh. Well then I must say to him Curtis staples and Harold dean where two great players to watch Growing up.
They were... Watched you guys for years and have missed playing you on a semi-regular basis way back in the day... talking early 80's now... Good luck to you until we meet in Carrier Dome...

No doubt was a struggle, didn't see it, but a congrats to beating VT... may every other team in the league also beat them with the exception of maybe Duke... because no one and that's a big NO ONE likes Duke...

Congrats on pulling out a win against Miami as well. As a fellow Virginian, I pull for UVA unless they play W&M but have a strong dislike of VT. Tougher than it should have been, but a win nonetheless.

Ohhhhhhhh. Well then I must say to him Curtis staples and Harold dean where two great players to watch Growing up.
Got to see Harold Dean and Virginia at the Dean Dome back in the day. UNC team was ridiculous. Stackhouse, Sheed Wallace, Jeff McInnis, Donald Wililams, Calabria, Zwikker (phew!). Still, that back court of Dean and Courtney Alexander was tough that year.

Got to see Harold Dean and Virginia at the Dean Dome back in the day. UNC team was ridiculous. Stackhouse, Sheed Wallace, Jeff McInnis, Donald Wililams, Calabria, Zwikker (phew!). Still, that back court of Dean and Courtney Alexander was tough that year.
That was a tremendous backcourt ... UVa's team this year is very deep... Struggled today, but every team will have difficulties at some point... It's whether they overcome or succumb to them that determines who is and isn't worthy...

But didn't come to an SU board to discuss WaHoo basketball... I enjoy the banter and thoughts this group has here and really like the design... And I did typically pull for the Cuse when they played in the BigEast, didn't and still don't like GTown, or UCon...

didn't and still don't like GTown, or UConn

You fit in here very well.

My brother was Davidson '70. I followed those teams closely, and listened to every game out of the Charlotte radio station even though I was in New Jersey (as was half the Davidson team). I really liked Terry Holland and pulled for UVa when he went there. Plus, my dad got his Ph.D. at Virginia in Physics in the 40's.

Welcome. I've enjoyed the banter with the UVirgina fans who have come on here. One of my younger brothers lives in Bedford. Never been out to Blacksburg, but I confess I have a VT sweatshirt that I wear in honor of the fallen on that awful day in 2007. Watched the Va/Mia game today, and Va is obviously not a poor team, Miami just played them very tough in the 2nd half. And both teams are going to give us trouble. Don't be a stranger. :)

edit: I have been to Charlottesville, I love the red bricks white columns, and especially the Sycamore trees.

UVa Bldgs.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom