Glue guys. | Syracusefan.com

Glue guys.

AccuRater

2nd String
I don't mean marginal players who contribute occasionally. Instead mature guys who establish a steady, professional tone. Little or no barking at referees, woofing, chest pounding. Don't get rattled when things are not going our way. Very supportive of their teammates.

We seem to have several of this type of "glue guy" this year. Probably all seven of our contributors qualify. But to me, two stand out: Baye and Tyler Ennis. Baye seems like everybody's big brother. Quick with a smile, pat on the back, arm on the shoulder. Radiates calm and maturity. Tyler's demeanor on the court is one of quiet confidence. Things may not look so good now. But, no problem, we'll get them in crunch time.

Without minimizing the contributions of anybody else on the team or coaching staff, I believe that the tone set by Baye and Tyler has a lot to do with our success, particularly late in the second half of our close games.

The only exception I can think of re: Baye was his wing-flapping motion at the BC game. Seemed kind of out of character for him. Kinda hope I mis-interpreted it, but it seemed to be mocking the fans/team.