GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official] | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official]

I don't gamble and it's interesting you wanted to bet me when I just simply asked a question.

That said to your point, transfers can change that in a flash.
I was just answering your question with my opinion, wasnt directed negatively to you. My bad if it came off that way

Oh... since your a Weitsman insider you know what actually happened with SU... cuz it wasn't the narrative we were fed
I hold no grudge at ALL against SU. Griff is one of my best friends. Hope they win every single game. No exception…

Elijah Moore was no grey area. When he came to Syracuse for the visit I had full approval from the University BEFORE he came. Everything I did had pre approval from their compliance department. I did nothing without asking first.

I have never been contacted once by NCAA. Now that rules have changed in favor of 3rd party boosters that’s all moot now anyway. Maybe the School could have communicated better and things might have been different.

Gerry and I get along well. He knows he needs individual donors, collectives combined to win. I was never trying to replace collectives when I helped SU. It was a combo effort. That’s what’s needed today and every major school is doing that now.

The bottom line Chancellor Kent S didn’t like me. Simple. It’s his right, he’s the boss. I stepped away,

Lamoyne great local school. If I can help if they need I’ll try my best to help them. Not “steering” players to them.
It doesn’t matter if people hate me or not. Just 90 percent of the stuff said about the situation is not true.
Syracuse will do fine without me. They don’t need me. I had the best time helping during that time and 99.9 people I came in contact with there were amazing. Haters always going to have an issue with something. I believe in free speech so blast away.

I hold no grudge at ALL against SU. Griff is one of my best friends. Hope they win every single game. No exception…

Elijah Moore was no grey area. When he came to Syracuse for the visit I had full approval from the University BEFORE he came. Everything I did had pre approval from their compliance department. I did nothing without asking first.

I have never been contacted once by NCAA. Now that rules have changed in favor of 3rd party boosters that’s all moot now anyway. Maybe the School could have communicated better and things might have been different.

Gerry and I get along well. He knows he needs individual donors, collectives combined to win. I was never trying to replace collectives when I helped SU. It was a combo effort. That’s what’s needed today and every major school is doing that now.

The bottom line Chancellor Kent S didn’t like me. Simple. It’s his right, he’s the boss. I stepped away,

Lamoyne great local school. If I can help if they need I’ll try my best to help them. Not “steering” players to them.
It doesn’t matter if people hate me or not. Just 90 percent of the stuff said about the situation is not true.
Syracuse will do fine without me. They don’t need me. I had the best time helping during that time and 99.9 people I came in contact with there were amazing. Haters always going to have an issue with something. I believe in free speech so blast away.
I don't believe Syracuse University believes in free speech any longer.

There have been a number of members on this board who have very little faith in Gerry as a head coach. They have expressed that several times here.

There have been a number of members on this board who have very little faith in Gerry as a head coach. They have expressed that several times here.
How can anyone decide beforehand what kind of Head Coach Gerry will be now?
JB didn't recruit the last 8 years, but still had the last say on recruits.
That's why the program had become a disaster.

That's an oversimplification. The more common theme was that he hadn't done/demonstrated enough to be considered for the SU head coach position. I think most people thought he should go elsewhere to prove himself. I don't recall seeing anyone say that they felt he would fail at a smaller school. I'm pretty sure no one wants/wanted him to fail anywhere.

Great post!

That's an oversimplification. The more common theme was that he hadn't done/demonstrated enough to be considered for the SU head coach position. I think most people thought he should go elsewhere to prove himself. I don't recall seeing anyone say that they felt he would fail at a smaller school. I'm pretty sure no one wants/wanted him to fail anywhere.
No it wasn't. What had any 1st time coach done\demonstrated to be considered for this head coaching job? Gerry was singled out on this board by certain posters as the one they didn't want to see taking over.

Definitely going to miss Blackwell at Liverpool; he won immediately there and sustained it; will be interesting to see if Ari promotes Preston Shumpert (boys JV) HC for Varsity head coach

Definitely going to miss Blackwell at Liverpool; he won immediately there and sustained it; will be interesting to see if Ari promotes Preston Shumpert (boys JV) HC for Varsity head coach
Is Blackwell official? Shumpert works in the district too I believe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom