GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official] | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official]

They do play in the times union arena (which is a major step up from a lot of the mid-major fieldhouses.)

That said, I live in the area and have never gone to a siena game (Not even when Orr was there RIP) nor seen how/if they ever come close to filling it... and have heard that the Athletic Department is kinda messed up...

Might go to one if Gerry takes over tho...

They play in a good league, too, with a lot of Metro NYC schools. That will help with recruiting.

The question is if he wants to be a head coach. Because head coaches make way more than assistants.

All it will take is doing a good job at the first place, and then he can get a big salary bump at his second job.

Siena will absolutely be a UUUUGE pay CUT from what he’s currently earning at Cuse.

He’s the AHC, 2nd behind Red.

Likely high 6-figures now.

He has to want to go out and forge his own path.

Because otherwise he’s sitting behind Red for the duration.

Maybe that was when he thought he had a real shot at taking over for JB. Now, it’s probably a good career move to get some HC experience at a place he could possibly be successful. Siena could work for him.

Or Iona, Lehigh, Manhattan, St. Peter's, Fairfield, Monmouth, Canisius, Bucknell, Holy Cross or Loyola Maryland. That's the level of school he can get a good look from. The ones who are doing well aren't looking to replace their coaches. Most of these are Metro NYC, PA or NY. That's his home turf.

Siena will absolutely be a UUUUGE pay CUT from what he’s currently earning at Cuse.

He shouldn't expect to be there more than 2 or 3 years. Then he moves to an Atlantic 10 kind of job and gets a big pay raise.

Gerry makes a TON of money at Cuse. But he badly wants to be a HC. And he will most likely be leaving to take a Hc job and I believe Siena will be it

Gerry makes a TON of money at Cuse. But he badly wants to be a HC. And he will most likely be leaving to take a Hc job and I believe Siena will be it
I trust your sources, but got dam, you’d never see me taking a big pay cut in my late 30s early 40s.

He may not make half, but I get it.

Were you making 3-700k a year during a lot of your 20s and 30s?
No where even close to that.
He could slid into another assistants job making big money if this doesn’t work. Not worried for this dude at all.
are you sure that’s true? Where’s the current Siena coach going to end up? Doubt it will be making 700k as SUs AHC

and have heard that the Athletic Department is kinda messed up...
It's been alluded to on this thread already but I had someone familiar with the inner workings as a Siena student athlete and staff member make an off the cuff comment that they felt LeMoyne was much more serious about athletics than Siena.

This surprised me a little bit as they have had some success with other sports, but overall I think they have held onto some of their coaches too long. Maybe Siena's new President is initiating a new culture change and maybe their big NIL donors are demanding it.

No where even close to that.

are you sure that’s true? Where’s the current Siena coach going to end up? Doubt it will be making 700k as SUs AHC
These guys are always working, even bad ones. He’s obviously banking on himself, but a 2nd assistant spot at a P5 and he’s good. He has one really good year or two and now he has millions. Not a bad spot to be in.

I can understand wanting a head coaching job but it makes no sense to take a pay cut to do that…who in their right mind would take a 300k pay cut lol
Uhhhh, what? How many assistants do you think start in the big time? Head coaching positions are highly coveted, 1 versus 4 or so assistant positions and the path to a P5 or high tier mid-major is far easier once you show you can generate success as a head coach in the lower ranks especially if you have to wait 10+ years to get another chance at your Alma mater.

I can understand wanting a head coaching job but it makes no sense to take a pay cut to do that…who in their right mind would take a 300k pay cut lol
It's called betting on yourself. It's not like Gerry wants to stay at that level forever. He knows that if he does well he can move up and make multiple millions a year.

Hope Gmac gets the Siena job, or whatever HC position he covets.
Look forward to seeing how he rolls as a HC/sideline demeanor etc!
Hope he has great success -imagine Gmac eventually returning to the Dome vs SU/Red. I WILL be there.

As far as the $: has the confidence to gamble on himself. Could be a good bet, and the salary may be lower but won't be peanuts.

If he's been paid as much money as they say, shouldn't he have enough savings to tolerate a down couple years, in order to get a chance at a much bigger payday?

Sometimes people move to a smaller city and take a pay cut to get ahead in their career.

I quit my last job making close to that 4 years ago at the age of 41 and haven’t worked since, sometimes you do what makes you happy. I’m sure him being passed over was devastating, this was probably the most difficult year Gerry ever had on campus and there may be some resentment, kind of like with Hopkins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom