GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official] | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official]

Behind the scenes he negotiated a great deal like a seasoned veteran. One of my friends is very very close to Coach Will Brown. Coach Brown knew that Gerry was Siena’s #1 choice, but also Gerry required “4 or 5 things” including a set amount specifically for NIL that even he wasn’t sure would get done. Apparently that is what has taken the last 3-4 days to finalize. Will Brown told my friend that he might become Siena’s coach almost out of default if they didn’t agree to all of Gerry’s needs/wants! Ultimately great for Gerry!!!
Albany should bring him back.

Loudonville>Inner City Buffalo...Anyone saying Canisius is in play has never been near Siena...Siena's basically next to a Country Club in an upscale suburb of Albany that puts F-M or J-D to shame. Canisius is near a crime infested part of Buffalo...I'd rather raise my kids in Loudonville than have to commute into a place where gun violence is prevalent.

Loudonville is nice but it's not like there isn't crime or gun violence nearby... Just go down the hill 5 minutes to Arbor Hill... Plenty of gun violence, crime and poverty...

I think Griffin goes with him.
I don’t see that. Griff and Red are really tight. When JB hired Red at Syracuse over Griff back in 2011 or 12, Red said that Griff was his closest friend in coaching. And I think they reiterated that when Griff was hired in 2017. I think losing two close assistants would create too much instability right now. And why would Griff drop down from a P5 program?

Congrats to Gerry. Related and probably naive question: if NIL is allegedly separate from the school, how does a prospective coach negotiate for it? Wouldn't that give the school direct responsibility for raising the money? But maybe I'm not clear on how this supposedly works.

Congrats to Gerry. Related and probably naive question: if NIL is allegedly separate from the school, how does a prospective coach negotiate for it? Wouldn't that give the school direct responsibility for raising the money? But maybe I'm not clear on how this supposedly works.
Siena has an athletics collective and I'm guessing GMac met with their leadership to see if they could get commitments for the amount he thinks is necessary. At least that's how I think it would work.

Behind the scenes he negotiated a great deal like a seasoned veteran. One of my friends is very very close to Coach Will Brown. Coach Brown knew that Gerry was Siena’s #1 choice, but also Gerry required “4 or 5 things” including a set amount specifically for NIL that even he wasn’t sure would get done. Apparently that is what has taken the last 3-4 days to finalize. Will Brown told my friend that he might become Siena’s coach almost out of default if they didn’t agree to all of Gerry’s needs/wants! Ultimately great for Gerry!!!

This is great to here. If the sticking pointy was NIL and Gerry was demanding $X then obviously Red also understands how important that is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom