GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official] | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official]

I quit my last job making close to that 4 years ago at the age of 41 and haven’t worked since, sometimes you do what makes you happy. I’m sure him being passed over was devastating, this was probably the most difficult year Gerry ever had on campus and there may be some resentment, kind of like with Hopkins.

He wasn’t passed over. Red was asst HC. Gerry was an asst.

He wasn’t passed over. Red was asst HC. Gerry was an asst.
Passed over as in being told it was his job by the person who previously had it until it wasn’t. I’d consider that passed over.

gmac should be considered. Proven, season assistant at a power 5 school. And he would leave for there to run his own show in a nanosecond
FWIW my wife told me today that the rumor on the street is GMAC to Siena. After that, I got nothing.

Passed over as in being told it was his job by the person who previously had it until it wasn’t. I’d consider that passed over.
Except that person didn’t have the authority to give the job to anyone. Maybe that was part of the reason JB was ushered out?

I ask that you keep posting, only because I thought I was told I really need to develop self-control. When I do not respond to you it means it is working. Believe with me I ask. Thank you

You sure about that?

I quit my last job making close to that 4 years ago at the age of 41 and haven’t worked since, sometimes you do what makes you happy. I’m sure him being passed over was devastating, this was probably the most difficult year Gerry ever had on campus and there may be some resentment, kind of like with Hopkins.
Was it for 300 k less than what you were making before?

Did he tell him that during one of your private sit downs with JB and Gerry?

Did he tell him that during one of your private sit downs with JB and Gerry?
Is this supposed to be funny? Insulting? Trying to figure it out but whatever your goal was I hope you reached it.

Was it for 300 k less than what you were making before?
Then gerry will never get a head coaching job. Because no school that would pay him what he is earning now will hire him. The trick is to go to Siena, or a place like that, do a great job and go somewhere after that for a ton of money. That is one part. The second is that Red really worked his ass'ts this year. Much more than JB did the last few years. Getting the head job is first and foremost but the second does play a role. I think he has to beat out Battle for the job. Battle is younger. Much younger. That may appeal to Siena. But Battle can't match his resume. Not close.

I trust your sources, but got dam, you’d never see me taking a big pay cut in my late 30s early 40s.
It all depends on potential for advancement. Big time schools usually want guys to prove they can be a head coach somewhere smaller before they hire them unless they're making a continuity hire. GMac doesn't have the option of the continuity hire, so he may need to take the short term pay cut to work his way to a bigger job.

If he's been paid as much money as they say, shouldn't he have enough savings to tolerate a down couple years, in order to get a chance at a much bigger payday?

Sometimes people move to a smaller city and take a pay cut to get ahead in their career.
Here we are talking about a couple of down years at $300,000. Should we start a Go Fund Me page:)

Gmac might end up being a lifetime assistant coach for the school he loves. Maybe later in life he takes a HC job at a lower division for the experience vs the money. Or he continues as an assistant as SU improves and lands a mid level job with equal economic value to his current salary. If I'm Gerry I'm not going anywhere this year.

I guess the question in my mind is if - IF - Red flames out does the AD give the gig to GMAC or does he go outside the alumni circle? If Gerry thinks he has a shot in a year or two if things go bad he may want to stick.

The previous coach lobbied for GMAC….but was told point blank it was going to be Red. How that information was relayed to Gerry might be different.

And those conversations go back a long ways…

If I had to choose between 2 candidates and 1 of them won a national championship, I would choose him.

The previous coach lobbied for GMAC….but was told point blank it was going to be Red. How that information was relayed to Gerry might be different.

Would seem like a good resolution for both Red and Gerry to part ways. I'm sure Red knows that and despite being friends and colleagues with GMAC, something he has to think about anytime the team struggles. Clean break where they can both go after their goals.

Not 100% certain but I was told that it wasn't just the former head coach. Regardless if he is offered the job this time he will be taking his fishing pole to Loudonville...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom