GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official] | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official]

People have said 0.0% chance of Hop coming back. If G-Mac does take his talents to Loudonville, does that 0.0% change?

I’d assume no. Who do we think fills his spot?

People have said 0.0% chance of Hop coming back. If G-Mac does take his talents to Loudonville, does that 0.0% change?

I’d assume no. Who do we think fills his spot?

I read that Autry was interested in hiring the coach from Monteverde Academy.

Kevin Boyle? Or someone on his staff, like his son?

I don't think so. Saw it on Twitter, but if it was Boyle, I would have remembered. So it's probably one of the assistants.

I guess the question in my mind is if - IF - Red flames out does the AD give the gig to GMAC or does he go outside the alumni circle? If Gerry thinks he has a shot in a year or two if things go bad he may want to stick.
Im thinking differently here. IF Red flames out, another continuity hire wouldn't make sense. They would have to find someone that has proven something as a head coach. In that scenario Gerry would be a candidate only if he spent a few years proving he was a successful head coach. Being an alum and having shown he is a good head coach seems to be his best bet in my mind.

Kevin Boyle? Or someone on his staff, like his son?
If I remember correctly, Boyle and JB weren't exactly buds. Not sure what/who was the issue. We never got any of his players from Jersey.

Siena will pay up to make the hire
Siena's very tightly wound with these things, and I heard they have to pay Carm his $400k next year which is a big deal to them. Also heard that a booster might be paying for it so that would help.

The thing is...someone here said that Gmac's gone right after we lost to NC State, and the Siena AD said yesterday the search is wide open, so if Gmac already knew he was gone that indicates he had something locked up, and Siena doesn't appear to be locked up at the moment. I really really hope Gmac takes the Siena job.

Id hate to see GMac go but we are in desperate need for some recruiting closers. We need some Fran Brown magic on the bball staff.

The thing is...someone here said that Gmac's gone right after we lost to NC State, and the Siena AD said yesterday the search is wide open, so if Gmac already knew he was gone that indicates he had something locked up, and Siena doesn't appear to be locked up at the moment. I really really hope Gmac takes the Siena job.
All of this plays out over months and a lot is taken care of before public announcements. Gerry probably is on a number of shortlists and I'm sure he went through some interviews to get on those lists.

I switched firms a year or so ago and it took me, a washed up professional dog walker, 2 1/2 months to hammer out an agreement. And it wasn't for more than $300k in a highly visible job.

If I remember correctly, Boyle and JB weren't exactly buds. Not sure what/who was the issue. We never got any of his players from Jersey.
Or Maine. Not sure we were ever even in the conversation

Id hate to see GMac go but we are in desperate need for some recruiting closers. We need some Fran Brown magic on the bball staff.
Dean thinks that Straughn will remain the primary recruiting dude, but a new hire would be better as senior coach from outside of Syracuse to bring some new ideas.

The Monteverde hire would be more a recruiting connection. But that would be something indicating that Red is not playing with recruiting.

It will be interesting to see how things shakes out.

No where even close to that.

are you sure that’s true? Where’s the current Siena coach going to end up? Doubt it will be making 700k as SUs AHC
The former coach was making $360k 2 years ago. McNamara could probably get around $400k.

Sure it would be a pay cut, but it would also put him on a more clear path to a higher conference coaching job where he could make 7 figures.

Dean thinks that Straughn will remain the primary recruiting dude, but a new hire would be better as senior coach from outside of Syracuse to bring some new ideas.

The Monteverde hire would be more a recruiting connection. But that would be something indicating that Red is not playing with recruiting.

It will be interesting to see how things shakes out.

Someone from a HS basketball powerhouse could pay dividends in recruiting for several years. The connections they make are endless.
Red has experience in the HS and AAU circuits. Sounds like a great play if it works out.

You'd choose one guy because he had Carmelo Anthony on his team and not the other because he didn't? The reasons you've never been an AD are clear.
Well, I don't think they win the championship without GMac's 3 point shooting. That's just how I see it. Just like I don't think Indiana would have beat Cuse in the 88 NC without Alford.

Yeah, if not Gerry, then Matt Gorman should’ve got the job over Red! ;)
hurr.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom