GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official] | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official]

I want someone who can lure a big or PG from the portal. The ability to work this end of the talent spectrum is more important than getting top end HS kids.

Boynton is a name that keeps jumping out to me if he doesn't get another job a lead assistant role at an ACC school might be enticing.

A outside the box name to watch for Gerry’s potential staff might be Tommy Dempsey the former head coach at Binghamton and Rider who has been out of the college ranks for a few years. Both guys are from NEPA and Dempsey was successful at Rider.

For the record, that is not correct.
I was told that by someone in the know. Maybe he didn’t know as much as he thought. I think Gerry would have been lost on the west coast.

I was told that by someone in the know. Maybe he didn’t know as much as he thought. I think Gerry would have been lost on the west coast.
It’s funny how we all hear different stuff. I actually heard that even though he loved Mac that he thought he wasn’t pulling his own weight. If hop got the job he was going to switch the staff up if he didn’t start contributing more.

It’s funny how we all hear different stuff. I actually heard that even though he loved Mac that he thought he wasn’t pulling his own weight. If hop got the job he was going to switch the staff up if he didn’t start contributing more.
Hop was really close with Griff and Red but not as much with GMAC IMO. GMAC was more with JAB. Every time I saw him in Seattle over the years which was only like 5 times he would talk about Red and Griff and how often he talks to them but never mentioned JAB or GMAC at all. I kind of wondered if Red would mix it up when he first got the job and move on from Gerry but that never happened and this is the perfect way to do it. I would be surprised if Red doesn't go with someone outside that people are talking about. I really feel everything is moving in the right direction and think Red will continue to have more success.

Hop was really close with Griff and Red but not as much with GMAC IMO. GMAC was more with JAB. Every time I saw him in Seattle over the years which was only like 5 times he would talk about Red and Griff and how often he talks to them but never mentioned JAB or GMAC at all. I kind of wondered if Red would mix it up when he first got the job and move on from Gerry but that never happened and this is the perfect way to do it. I would be surprised if Red doesn't go with someone outside that people are talking about. I really feel everything is moving in the right direction and think Red will continue to have more success.

Hops son is named after Griff.

Maybe Hop thought that Gerry was JB's boy & when he (Hop) didn't get the Syracuse job he thought GMac eventually would.

This will be great for Siena. Hopefully GMac is a bulldog like McCaffrey was. Siena has great facilities and a great fan base. I expect GMac to bring in some great portal players.

Straughn is a good recruiter. Autry can recruit too. I prefer someone who checks basketball boxes as a check on Red and can help build a team.
Yeah this is where I am too. Someone who really excels at Xs and Os would be a massive addition. Ideally he could recruit too but I’m a little less concerned with that if I’m being honest.

Get someone who is connected in Philly area. Does basketball have analyst positions like football? Should bring in someone to in that role to expand our offensive sets

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom